The Next Andy Mapple?

jipster43

• Baller
The main comparison I'm drawing is the relatively late start and very similar learning curve. I have never heard of anything like it - except in Andy's case. Whether or not he remains on the same trajectory is simply fun speculation, but c'mon! Three at 35 off/36 mph after only two years?! That is phenomenal. Literally!

• Baller_

I met and pulled a young man about 3 years ago who learned how to ski at age 14 or 15 though at the time I pulled him he was 19, he spent a little time learning the slalom course but only skis about a handfull of times each summer if that. when I pulled him he would not ski at 36 yet at 34 mph he took a number of stabs at 38 off after running down the line from 15 off. I asked the kid why he did not ski tournaments and he just shrugged and said he was not interested in doing so. also he was skiing on an old beat ski with a floppy high wrap and a rear kicker!!!

I am sure their are hundreds of young kids out their that have the ability and athleticism to be the next sports super stars their are just to many reasons why not to train or become active in competition.

• Baller

Andy won the '81 Worlds at age 18. If this kid wins the Worlds three years from now we will all agree that he is a phenom.

Jeff Rodgers ran 28/36 his first day in the course. He then won the Worlds and set a world record. Another phenom.