Malibu Open 2012

Skoot1123

• Baller
Hey everyone - just signed up today, but have been watching/reading the forum for a while. Hope this is in the right topic category. Just wondered if anyone would be at the Malibu Open? I went there last year, and it was a blast. Very cool, and TONS of people. Wonder if Andy Mapple will show up to show off the AM Ski?

• Baller
@Skoot1123 FYI - tell Kelvin that the change to the audio has brought the volume up to a better level. However, there is a gain overload somewhere in the signal path causing distortion at the peaks (when the announcers get excited).

• Baller
Did they do some shoreline work? The scores were crazy good. Last year when we were there it was rolly as hell due to the big shelf of dirt at the water's edge. From the video it didn't look nearly as bad this time around . Also noticed the jumpers weren't dropping for nearly as long at the end. Last year they were dropping em for 45 seconds at the end between jumps.

• Baller

@JC McCavit in the Apple App store

@ShaneH sorta, I heard the water was at a lower level this year, the banks had a slope rather than a wall.

@tfriess @Mr.Jones as for MB as far as I know he is in a healthy condition, skiing much? I don't know, he was at western regionals skied 6@32off and that was his first tournament in a while. as for JB not really sure, he scratched Masters and ATL ProAm as well.

• Baller

Brian did a good write up:

@ http://briandetrick.com/2012/08/06/malibu-open-finals-malibu-open-day-4/

For Open Men Slalom, Terry Winter started the semi round off by running 3@41, Cale followed him with a 2 1/4@41. Nate Smith had the top score of 5@41, Chris Parrish ran 4@41 again and Travers, Rossi, Asher, TGAS all ran 3@41. So 5 guys ran 3 but there were only 4 spots remaining. They came off the dock at 39. Terry was first out again and he hadn’t skied in over and hour. He ended up getting 4, while the rest of the guys all ran 39 and they advanced to the next round. WHAT????? Terry runs 3@41 and doesn’t advance…YUP, stiff competition this year. Nate and Rossi ended up making it to the finals after they knocked out TGAS and Asher. Nate chose to go first and ran through 38 while Rossi, skiing for the 5th time in the day, took an early fall at 4 ball at 38. Nate has now won all three elite point events: Moomba, Masters and Malibu Open.