BallOfSpray continues to grow

Horton

• Administrators

BallOfSpray is a labor of love and a personal obsession. According to Google 548,549 web pages were viewed by 28,685 readers last month.  I believe that makes BallOfSpray the most influential media source in water skiing. 

I want to say thank you to all the Ballers. Without all of you I am just a skier with a web site. Together we can promote the sport we love.

Sincerely,

John Horton

b40c1c1ebfe22995f8d50bea745e08.jpg

8706d88110851fdb1e3b490ecc9701.jpg

Thanks @Horton for all the hard work you do! For those who dont know there is a little yellow button at the bottom left that says donate, please feel free to donate so that this site can keep going strong! Heck even donate to the ballofscores app to keep that up and running as well!

• Administrators

Thanks @E_T

If you use BallOfScores please donate. That is not me. It is all a poor college kid. I have thrown him a few dollars but that is not enough.

If you love the site, please do business with my advertisers and tell them you are a Baller. The business goal around here is to make the advertisers happy. If we make the advertisers happy, I can do more to make the site bigger and better.

If you are hard core and want do more, a few dollars is great. Those funds all go toward hosting and tech cost. If you are down to your last $10 go buy beer, enjoy the site and don't worry about it.

• Gold Member

That's really impressive. Who knew there were 27,000 people who gave a damn about slalom water skiing, much less that they'd all come here in one month.

I've been trying to find a way to take credit for this, but so far comin' up empty. But I'm pretty sure this is all my doing for some reason -- I just haven't thought of it yet!

But in all seriousness, awesome job with the site.

I think I said last year that the growth rate couldn't continue because eventually every single person with any interest in slalom would be visiting here, but I'm VERY glad to see I was wrong. Could there be 50,000 or 100,000 out there!?

• Baller

@Horton - Thanks for all you have done with Ballofspray. I am also one of the newbie's on here. Have searched other sites for info on waterski stuff, but this is by far the best one there is. So many different skill levels and questions that can be asked and answered. That is what makes waterskiing so great, it's a tight knit community. If there is a Ballofspray hat for sale at the Malibu Open - I'm getting one.

I would love for this sport to become more popular, can you imagine if there were waterski parks around the country?

@MS - and for those in Canada - imagine if there were ski lakes as prolific as ice rinks in Canda? I love hockey and waterskiing.....best of both worlds: winter and summer sports!

How else can we promote this great sport? First step is this site. Thanks John Horton for all you have done for waterskiing! I hope to someday meet you at a Malibu Open and personally say thank you!

• Administrators
Yea Than I do not expect growth to continue at this rate. In fact August should be smaller than July because the search engines are still confused about the software upgrade and server move I did 2 weeks ago. As long as the site is a positive force in the sport I am happy.

• Administrators

Like i said above..... Visit my advertisers first. I started taking donations because Ballers offered.

Don't get me wrong donations are great but advertising is the model.

At my current rates i believe advertising on BallOfSpray is cheap. I think the industry just has not figured out how it all stacks up.