Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome

BBaginz

• Baller

I Guess Hamstring and Quad Stretches to start with, helps take the load off the knee, followed by quad strengthen exercise, non weight bearing ie: dead weight on straight leg and lift with straight leg.

I am recovering from microfracture surgery, just getting back into my skiing, it,s taken a while.

I've been dealing with patellor tendinitis all season. Going to PT and just started taking prescription anti inflammatory today. I use a patellor band and a neo brace to keep knee stable while skiing. Mine is in right knee -back leg. PT has me working on imbalance in strength in legs. Also ice knee two to three times /day.

• Baller
Overuse never ends well. I aggravated beyond normal wear and tear knee pain with a pretty nasty snowski fall. Failed PT, nip and tuck clean up etc. Hooked up with and haven't looked back. My knee doc became a patient to fix his own failed shoulder surgery !

• Baller

You really do need to see a PT in person for this. Anterior knee pain can be very difficult to sort out. "The black hole of orthopaedics" is what was mentioned in one research article I read. Of course that was from a surgeon's standpoint.

Soft tissue tightness around the knee. Strength and muscle firing imbalances around the knee and hip. Muscular tightness. Training habits. Orthotic use. Hard to do more than shotgun it over the internet. Good luck.