Video makes perception a reality

Double7s

• Baller
I have skied with guys that refuse to video. They need it because there perception is not reality! If you you want to get better sometimes you need to swallow your pride and take a look at yourself. I have skied a pass and could not wait to see it on video. Once I see it it didn't look as good as what it thought, but it made me better.

I realized a long time ago that I was fatter, uglier and slower on video, but still find it helpful. We mount a GoPro on the ski bar and leave it on for our sessions. The GoPro wide angle lens doesn't allow close up technique assessment, but shows major form and timing. Sometimes we never look at it, but we do flip through it if we cant figure out whats wrong, or had a spectacular wipe out. The GoPro's battery life and 32GB memory card are good for about 2 hours.

• Baller
I cannot even imagine a practice set without video. It is my coach. Tells me everything I am doing wrong and the few things I do right. Also drives my Wife nuts because I download it and play it back in slo-mo after skiing on the big screen in the Den... Good news is She has agreed to me now having my own Man Cave before She goes crazy...A great winter project.....And Yes, it will have a "Stocked Bar."