Anyone using the Radar Vector boots?

The_MS

• Baller

I picked a set up this season after using various sets of HO Animals for 10 years. The lace adjustment was a bit of a learning curve, I have another thread discussing that. Overall glad I made a change compaired to rubber boots. I don't feel my capability justifies hardshells. With that my take

Once laced correctly they keep your foot well connected to the ski. The very comfortable foot bed doesn't seem to squirm under foot giving good control. I have a little more heal lift than I had with the animals but am getting used to it. Fore and aft movement is very free. Some other boots I have tried that are taller seem to dictate your ankle bend and hence the losition of your knees over your feet. That restriction is nonexistant with the vectors so I do notice I have to concentrate a little more on lower body positioning.

There is no side to side movement or a feeling of the ability to twist your foot while in the boot. This is a little bit of a negative for me since I used to twist my rear foot around a bit in the animals. This is probably similar to the arguement toe loopers have against using double boots.

Overall performance wise I don't feel like these are a huge step over animals but comfort is greatly improved. These things are like house slippers. Only downside for me is the previously mentioned slight heal lift which is only on my rear foot.

Hope thst helps. More specific questions might help me give you more information.

• Baller
I've been using the vector boots for the last number years started with the rail boot to the new feather frame boot. Excellent boots imo, great control, comfortable, always released out of them which is a big plus and the new feather frame man is it light got me thinking going to make my rtp plate out of the same material over the winter months. I also had a slight heel lift but I run a insole and this solved the issue.

• Baller

@MS from what I remember the last time I touched an Approach boot they were pretty stiff. The Vector doesn't have that aggressive cant either, which is why I mentioned the concentration on lower body position.

I also have the aluminum plate version on an HO ski. The slots on the front plate need to be lengthened a little and the rear screws on the rear plate had to be shortened if using the Radar stiffening plate. Otherwise the bottom out before clamping the plate to the ski.

• Baller
There is a guy in Western PA who uses them, skis into 38 regularly. I havent seen too many others. I skied with them for a half summer and didn't care for them. Always felt too loose around my ankles, especially the rear. They are extremely comfortable - no foot cramps ever. Simple and sturdy construction. They are obviously good enough that HO copied the concept with the Attack.