practice PB 2nd time this year

6balls

• Baller
@than hoping you blast right past it or certainly smoke 38's with the kind of consistency that gives you a lot of shots at 39. Purple is still a struggle for the most part...but I have more of 'em this year than others(various drivers/sites/boats) and got a couple of lucky starts at 39. There have been times I thought I nearly had 38 figured this year only to fall off. Sure would like a higher 38 percentage but I guess improvement is improvement, incremental and inconsistent as it may be. Would be cool if the N1 pushes you to the next level! I'm in your corner.

• Gold Member

Thanks! As I have now complained about in about 4 threads, we've got some nasty backwash right now, so it might be a little bit before I can truly go after practice PBs again. But by then I hope to have the ski well dialed in.

Best of luck on your consistency, and hopefully soon you'll scare the 4 ball!

Fwiw, the M3 state record for MA (in any class) is "only" 3 @ -39. That's fully two buoys beyond my miraculous tournament PB last year, so in truth that's a Huge Stretch goal, but I gotta admit I am starting to think about it.

• Baller

@than I'm a lot less concerned about 4@ 39 than getting more consistent at 38. Putting it on 39 is kinda just having fun seeing what happens...really no business trying it when my 38 percentage is so low.

I guess I can't give one of my ski partners grief who runs 35 very occasionally for putting it right on 38 and imploding at 1 ball. I usually think he should run a lot more 32 and maybe try to back to back his 35's when he runs 'em...maybe I should take my own advice and keep it on purple after I run one or just go back and pound out some 35's. Will be easier to do now as my chances of another practice PB beyond 3 ball at 39 are terribly slim until/unless I'm better at 38. Go get 'em, Than. Die purple die!

• Baller

@markchilcutt thanks. I'm on a Razor A68 w/leverage front and RTP. @Razorskier1 is on same ski w/Strada and RTP. Razor1's son Mitch is a 36 mph skier who PB'd first time on his A68 w/Strada and RTP running through 32 off at 36 mph and has done it again twice since. He came off an Elite. Razor1 came off a Fischer, and I came off a D3 RCX.

I've got more 38's this year than the last 3 years combined, though still low percentage pass. I am deep and around 4 and 5 way more frequently, too.

• Baller
I put up 2 at 39 straight up the line this week on my Razor. Historically speaking that's a great score for me. I've run that score once in tournament, and run 1 at 39 several times in tournament. Mitch is a different skier on the Razor vs. his 67 inch Elite. In full disclosure, he is on that ski simply because we skied with Austin Abel who said "get on any other ski than that Elite!". Since he had a spare A68 with him (he was in WI for the Malibu), we put Mitch on it and it was magic. His PB prior was 2 at 32 off. His new PB (straight thru) is 0.5 at 35 off. We are both using the same bindings and the same fin/wing settings (the Razor recommended "shortline" settings).

• Baller
Cooler for Mitch too, is that on the elite he would sometimes wash out the tail on an easy pass/easy ball. Would look fine, not overturn and ski would rotate forward and the tail would gently slide around leaving him in the water on a sub-max pass. Bummer at a few tourneys. This is no longer an issue, either. OMG...MS was right!!