BOS/Baller Summit

Dscholfield

I was going over the statistics for how many people frequent BOS and thinking that an annual weekend BOS event/festival could be a great idea for this sport...As a general start family events all weekend long, odd ball types of competitions(reversed long line, longest continoues set,etc), prizes, ski & product tests, beer tent. Essentially a boat show, just way way better, and more incompassing than a tournament. Wondering everyones thoughts on this idea? Would anyone go?

• Administrators
We have talked about it for a few years. I am all for it and might even be able to get some sponsorship for it but can not organize it. I am at my limit unless i start taking meth. If it its a BOS branded event i would only ask for enough oversight to protect the brand.

@horton I think thats more than fair, you do enough already, I would aslo hope a group of people could get together to head it up with me. Stand behind what we want, getting more people involved in the sport and exposure.

The event I can picture would only be worth while if it was a direct extension of this community. Its the reason we all come on here everyday like crack addicts, so it should be the reason we all get together.

• Administrators

Planning a ski event can be a bigger project than you would think. You need someone with experience and who is willing to be a dictator.

Sort of like running a web site...

• Baller
@Dscholfield - what part of the central USA are you speaking of? If it's within driving distance of me I'd be there..... as I am on this site constantly, and am one of many who benefit from it! Perhaps a possibilty of hosting in the future????? (you never know what is in store...)

@horton will do..ill see from this thread who might be interested and go from there...I would imagine its a 2013 or 2014 plan

@richarddoane good point...it can always build over the years.

@Skoot1123 I wasnt really focusing in on anywhere specific, just a spot closest to the general baller population. It will require a ski lake with a fair amount of flat grass land for camping and tents and such.

@richarddoane i was thinking also to include some of the other random ideas that have floated around the forum to allow everyone to participate in something

Getting some lighted bouys for a night competition would be fun too or even just for people to try. Possibly even having multiple different events were you tally a score at the end of the weekend, somewhat like golf.

Ill have to start logging all this..

• Baller
@Dscholfield - Some barefooting would be fun too. Though if it were just two days, there might be enough activity to keep everyone busy enough. Although if Eagle Sports were to have some of their sponsored athletes come up, that'd be fun too. I'm sure you'll get plenty of recommendations, so there will need to be lots of options weighed...... Great Idea though!!

• Baller
Atlanta sounds like a good location. Somewhere in Orlando would probably work. I think the airport would be key I don't think you could get a location close enough for a lot of people to drive. It would depend on what else my kids have going on before I can figure out if I could make it.

• Baller
How about bringing the nationals back to Ski West Village (B.O.S. headquarters)and having a big get together around there.By then Horton will probably be one of the main sponsors .Ball of Spray Waterski National Championships. What do you guys think?

• Baller
Do you guys want to resurrect the "Ballers Bash" in Austin next year? We had to cancel due to no water last year. I'm game to put on the two day event again. 1st day was going to be slalom tourny, 2nd was open to other types of non sanctioned events. @horton @jdarwin @skidawg @shaneh Thoughts? I am still in contact with the midget who was going to wear a wig and spend the weekend following around Horton as his mini.

• Baller
@Brent You know, I don't like it being implied I or anyone else "burned" OB. I'm here every day and never watched the entire video. I simply didn't have the time to sit there and stream that a week or two after it happened. Honestly, at that point I just didn't care about it. Not only that, I didn't notice anything said about donating. Had I, I would have. If I didn't, as much as I'm on here, then chances are that a very large percentage of the 999 other ballers didn't either. Honestly, the assumption that 1000 people are going to watch a tournament that long after it happened was probably incorrect.

• Baller
@brent Not sure anything your saying makes any sense except for the analogy of @OB, who is a pilot, flapping in the wind. Kinda fitting even if your wrong. I never heard anything about him needing money for his event. I put on two Big Dawg events and never asked for a dime from skiers other than entry fees. I got outside sponsors. OB calls for a ride anytime in town and I give it and even do dinner when he has time as we really enjoy seeing him. If he needed help with event, why wouldn't "HE" ask? He would get it. Guys off to the side crying in his defense are annoying. Maybe that's the first problem with the collection strategy for this event. A friend calls for help and he gets it. If healthy I would have skied it so I certainly would have supported his cause if asked. Read @shaneh last sentence above and repeat.

• Administrators

OK children. I am locking down this thread.

This site is a success because I simply do not let you guys argue here.

If you want to email insults to each other I would be happy to supply email address.s