Big Dawg Finals: Goode Nation or the field

gjohnson

• Supporting Member

Great idea for a question! Kinda neat how it worked out to be 8 on each side when asked that way.

Was very tough for me to pick. I love Goode skis, and think this N1 just might be something special. But there's just so much power on that other side: Badal, Mapple, LaPoint, Brown, and Stisher are approximately legendary, and the other three aren't exactly scrubs either!! (Indeed, Kevin Bishop is my dark horse candidate to win it all.)

In the end I had to pick the skier over the ski -- that's usually the way it works out.

• Baller
Personally, I think it's going to come down to the top 4 Badal, Risto, Favret, & Mapple. That said, in the head to head night finals anything can happen. Just ask @mshaw200. I believe Favret won the last finals held at night.

• Baller
Do they knock the scores by skiing at night? Surprised Andy went down at 39...but holy crap if Risto is going to run 4@41 would have been a tall order. Would have been more satisfying to see 'em both go at it at 41 regardless of victor. Congrats to Ristorcelli.

• Baller

Someone usually asks each year, so...

All BD rounds including the night finals were run at 55K in tournament mode.

The courses were surveyed to within +- .6"

The rope length for each pass was checked by all three boat crew, and in the finals, videod for 39 and 41 (these two passes were also recorded on the in boat cameras in case the radio video feed failed).