Did my "Diary" influence you to buy a Nano One?

Than_Bogan

• Gold Member

Fair point. I actually meant for the last category to encompass that, but use of "want" was ... err ... less than ideal.

So please interpret that last choice to include "Not going to spend $2k on a ski even after reading about your experience on it."

@Horton Is there a way to edit poll choices? Ideal wording probably would be:

"No. I wasn't planning to buy one and still am not after reading about your experience on it."

• Baller

I was on the waiting list and was very apprehensive, Thans Diary and Hortons Impressions, made me feel easier to part with 2k, mine should ship today, looking forward to skiing on it.

Interesting that Horton wants to leave his bindings where they are and your happier with them back, style of skiing do you think ? or maybe binding setup ie: Double Boot or Front with RTP

• Gold Member

@Stevie Boy I'm only back an 1/8", and I'm sure I could have made it work at stock. But in general I am getting a strong sense that binding placement is the most important customization on this ski. Horton and I have completely different shapes and skiing styles, and I suspect we would have been on different size/flex on any other ski. In some ways, I am imagining that binding placement is the equivalent of choosing a ski size.

I'll ramble on more about that if I ever get to collating all this stuff into an organized "review." It's too early for that now, though -- I haven't even gotten a new personal best yet! :) I need to spank a few more -38s to be sure of the details of my evaluation.

• Baller
@than if your diary eventually says you are running 50% of your 38's regardless of what you are getting at 39...it would be hard for me not to shoot a $2K trial balloon. As for now...the best skiing of my life is my first full season on the Razor. Still want more!! Having said that a good chunk of gains for me is better understanding, more thought, better technique, BOS, lots of discussion w/my brother, my bromance with @cowtipperguy (not really) etc. If I had relied on my head more than my power at a younger age maybe things would be different now...hopefully not too late and enough in the tank.

• Baller

Poll: how many increased buoys, on avg, would it take for you to plunk down $2K on the ski that could make it happen?

I would pay $2K if it would take me from thru 35 to mid/deep 38 and the occasional complete 38 to thru 38 even 1/4 time, 1/2 time huge bonus. Let's call it 3-4 balls on avg, which on my avg days puts me thru 38 and my best days gets me very deep 39 where I've had 2 and 3 balls this year.

Everyone is at a different spot...how many balls would justify $2K for you?

• Gold Member

@6balls Very interesting. You might want to set that up as a "real" poll.

For me, it's +1 buoy to my "typical" score. (Note that that might translate to less than +1 on my max score.)

If they ski weren't clearly better, I'd send it back. But clearly better, even by a slim margin, is worth $2k to me. Note that I tend to keep a ski for at least 3 years, which in a way allows me to spend more for one when I do upgrade.