Am I pulling to long 22 28 32?? (video)

markchilcutt

• Baller

Nice skiing @markchilcutt. The short answer is "yes," but not as long as many of the skiers I know who are stuck at -28 and -32. Not surprisingly, you were pulling the longest at -32. That's where all the slack in that pass was coming from. The shorter the rope, the more human nature tells us to pull longer, but unfortunately, the shorter the rope, the more critical an early edge change becomes. Just one more of the many cruel jokes that make slalom skiing so fascinating.

BTW, your crew is clearly a keeper!

• Baller

When you turn in for the gates from a narrow point you have to pull long to get to the bouy line.

Try getting higher on the boat and turn in from a wider point and an earlier edge change will happen.

• Administrators

@markchilcutt

get a real video camera

I would not worry about how long you pull for now. Your need to work on your stack. In short stand up - straighten your legs behind the boat.

• Baller
Thanks guys!!!@Horton i know the camera is a little weak but is working good on the trakker for now after all i am broke lol!! Great advice @Horton on standing tall i really am dragging the hips bad!!! Seems the shorter the rope gets i ski into that hips trailing position even more. Maybe it feels safer with the hips trailing?