Radar RTP

xrated

• Baller

Got the wife out skiing again today for her 3rd time ever.

She did great, at least I think she did.

When she got back in the boat besides saying she was sore, she said she couldn't get her foot into the RTP very far/well. She couldn't find/fit her foot into the opening so she ended up basically tiptoe on the rear.

I know part of it is just her getting used to and comfortable with the motion. But I noticed on the Radar the top/tongue of the toe plate is attached to elastic which right now lets the top fall down towards the foot bed, thus making the opening for her foot smaller.

Would it work to put a shoe horn in there for awhile to stretch that elastic out so it doesn't fall down so much? Or is that just a horrible ginger brain idea?

I have to say that I don't like "one size fits all" rtp's, I tired a ho adjustable rtp with the bungee thing and even with the thing all the way loose I couldn't get my toes all the way to the front because of the elastic thing holding the front of it down. Go for a standard RTP in her correct size.

• Baller

@MattP at this point she is dropping and going in and I don't see her getting rid of the drop ski any time soon.

I offered to try the velcro HO RTP that is sitting on my old ASX but she said no. She thinks she might get her foot in better with more time on the ski. Since our season is about done I'm not to worried about it but I'd like to have it figured out for her next year.