Radar Sequence plate mounting hardware.

colo_skier

• Baller

Got rid of my sequence plate - but check these out too

http://www.mcmaster.com/#step-washers/=k2wv8u

Essentially you need 2 standard screws in middle, and 4 floating plate screws. I thought the Radar versions were a little too much gap, I get the concept of having space, but I figure it could be a snug screw with a slippery surface and still do the job.

• Baller

@richarddoane did you encounter any adverse affects by just screwing the sequence plate down? I am going back to my sequence plate, but my mounting hardware disappeared out of the boathouse.

I'm using six washers under the plate and six finish washers above the plate. I don't have the horseshoe shaped rear plate either.

Thanks to anyone with answers!

• Baller

I posted this somewhere a number of years ago but can't find. Here we go again...

McMaster-Carr

95647A125 Wear-Resistant Delrin (Acetal) Flat Washer 1/4" Screw Size, .5" OD, .02"-.04"

92510A036 Aluminum Unthreaded Round Spacer 1/4" OD, 7/32" Length, #8 Screw Size

spacer.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mtunlB_wB_VdYsFi4d4oudMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

I think I tried to go with shoulder screws but for 8-32 thread they only have 3/16" should diameter. The Sequence Plate needs 1/4" should diameter.

• Baller

Radar will ship your some right quick!

You really only need two pedestals and two nylon washers under the front flat top screws, and I have mine pretty loose. The middle screws can be flat top by themselves or flanged screws with the flanged washers, and the two rear screws are flanged and set into the rear overlay that is fluted. No washers really needed there either. I am not sure how pedestals would keep the rear overlay moving back and forth for flex. The gap in my overlay is too wide to function like the front screws.

If you don't have the rear overlay piece, that is going to have to come from a ski shop.

• Baller

If you cut the excess aluminum from the plate the plate will not only flex more with the ski but the setup will be a lot lighter. Strategic cutting and Nascar lightening holes will do wonders. Now with a more flexible plate, the plate doesn't need to float and you can bolt it straight down to the ski. Forget the fancy accessories.

A G10 plate with the strategic cutting and Nascar lightening holes can be even lighter and softer.

Eric