Thanks Horton for keeping this Hobby forum 100% better then all the others

kfennell

All of the other forums that I am in for things like saltwater fish, and RC planes, etc are some of the worst places on the internet.

They are either WAY overbearing like reefcentral.com where they have 100 mods per forum and more rules then one person can know, or they are super super full of bad information, like every local reef club forum on earth.

I was just thinking about if I had posted about using a lightbulb to head the engine and this forum was like a local reef club forum. I would imagine the following would have happenned.

1. Someone would have told me that I was a faggot for skiing in the winter.

2. Someone would have told me that the only kind of boat I should buy is a closed loop cooling.

3. Someone would have tried to float a theory about using a holistic approach to keeping the block warm.

4. Someone would have found all my other posts on other forums I have posted on and critisized them all.

5. Every 3rd time someone would have actually been helpful.

6. The mods would have banned me for asking a question without having 1.5 posts per day for 15.2 days and using the secret handshake.

Instead here we had a nice mature discussion, and if someone had gotten out of line it feels like Horton would have privately tried to cajole them back in without being heavy handed.

So umm in summary, thanks!

• Baller_
Apparently there's no room for political discussions with our politicians either. They should seriously read this forum and get a taste of mature, well thought out discourse (excluding @Dirt @ShaneH and @MS ;-) ) with positive, civil outcomes that bennifit all and don't fall of a frign cliff (sometime fall OTF) Take a lesson Washington. The Ballers get it done the right way. ......Darn it!! I just did politics again. Sorry...erase..erase!!! :)

• Baller

I want to learn the secret handshake!!!! Been many years since my Sigma Chi days and I want to be on the inside. Although, I probably would have been kicked out of those damn sites because I post so friggin much.....thank God @Horton loves every post I make here.

• Administrators

@Wish dude don't tempt it! Even if I agree with what you are saying non-ski politics is taboo

@Brady you have a long way to go before you even see the handshake

• Baller_
@Hoton just messn. Wouldn't think of starting political banter here. Slam politics and polititions as a whole and in a non partison way......maybe....rarely. I appreciate the lack / alomost non existance of political banter here and cringe when I see it. Sorry, I guess I didn't need to point out the obvious in that post . ... Oh crap I just did it again didn't I. Ok, all done. Movn on. :)

• Administrators
Funny how it is always the same. The thread starts by thanking me and by the end I suck. I really need to start a wake surfing site. BallOfWake.com