1993 Singapore Worlds

addkerr

• Baller_
I have a few pictures. That was my first overseas trip for Correct Craft. Crazy tournament! I had to park myself at the starting dock to crawl under the boat and cut plastic bags off the propeller every half hour. We did not have the availability of pulling boats and I had to change out three props under water, Crazy tournament!

• Baller
@Jody_Seal, have you had any 1990's vintage Nautiques with the 351 Ford where the engine completely fried? Mine has 1685 hours on it and still running strong. I had a compression check done on it and the mechanic said the numbers still looked good. The mechanic who serviced my boat said when boats get this many hours on them the valves and heads may need to be overhauled. He told me overheating the boat shortens the life of those components. It has only happened to me once when I had a Sierra impeller fail on me. I replaced it with a Sherwood. Fortunately I was only a couple football fields away from my dock. I service my boat every 400 hours, and change the oil every 50, and trans fluid every 100 hours. I remove and inspect the impeller when I winterize, and replace it at any sign of wear. I store it in a jar of antifreeze. Any idea what kind of lifespan I can expect get out of my engine?

• Baller
I can't afford a new boat, so when the time comes I will probably drop in a new engine. Imagine what I 409 HP engine could do in a 1994 Nautique.. Actually the Excalibur 343 would be more than enough power in my boat. A friend of mine had a 1993 Master Craft with the Corvette engine blow a head gasket in the middle of the course with about 1600 hours on it. 5 grand to rebuild, and out of comission for a month or more. He bought a Moomba Outback to replace it(his son wakeboards). I hope a new engine can be installed in a boat as old as mine if the time comes.

• Baller
I detail it before I put it away for the winter and it gets waxed monthly during the season. My detail job includes 2 coats of wax over the entire deck and hull(I crawl underneath the trailer). 3M or 303 vinyl protector on the upholstery and dash. I use actetone to clean the rub rail. I put Rain X on the windsheild, mirror and all the guages. The mooring cover also covers the teak platform. I use a two part teak cleaner in the fall, and then use Amazon's Golden Teak oil on the platform once a month while it is in storage. I never have to do anything to the teak during the season. I have never had any downtime with the boat since the day we brought it home. The alternator went out at 900 hours. My dad and I picked up a new one at a nearby marina, and had the new one installed the same day. That was the only downtime, and it was for only 4 hours. We took the original alternator to my uncle in Minnesota and he rebuilt it for us. Now we have a spare..