Show us your slalom Tug!

thager

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@xr6hurricane wow do I love hot rod outboards. The only thing it could use is an even bigger motor!! Yee haw. Sweet boat. @thager, cool extra pics...I want to see it in person next season. Perhaps your boat as well XR6 if we visit our friends in Tower Lakes would be easy to get together.

• Baller

@thager The base is lagged into the floor with four big screws and the pylon slips down into it with a lanyard pin through a bezel in the top deck. The fit through the deck is pretty tight so once it flexes a little the deck takes part of the load. I've pulled two slalom skiers off of the pylon but I always use a bridle when pulling big loads just to be safe. The rear mounted pylon places the boat at too much of a disadvantage when coming out of the hole with a big load anyway. There's no way to really bolt the pylon base through from underneath because the floor is the fully sealed flotation chamber.

@6balls Definitely on the to do list with a get together.

• Baller

Our 2005 Response LXI. Best family/slalom course boat on the lake! Got Mom and the kids in the photo to prove it. 340 hp Monsoon with StarGazer, this boat absolutely freaking rocks (thanks Bill B, I still think you screwed up selling me this boat).

Lots of former Malibu Crew-er's on this forum. Come on guys, show 'em there is more to life than Nautique's. :>)

• Baller_

Boat #1 1963 Glastron. Learned to ski behind it 36yrs ago. Kept as the family boat in MN when it finally came to FL in 2000 with my snow bird parents. My father sold it 2 yrs later for a pontoon boat. Sad day. Six yrs later he receives phone call from retirement community (The folks had moved to a different retirement community by then) telling him to collect his boat or pay storage or towing fees. Turns out the old man who bought it never registered it and died. His family didn't want it. So, my dad collected it and spent 2 yrs (part-time) restoring it from a brutal 4 yr span in the open FL sun. Now it's in my care and she's been named "Second Chance". Used frequently in the rivers, springs and public lakes here in central FL as a cruiser. I still slip on the wide ride ski and give it a go. It gets lots off looks and comments.

Boat # 2 1987 Supra ts6m Celebrity Edition with gold metal flake matching trailer with gold pin stripe and gold rims. Supra made very few of these. Bought for $8900.00 with 200 hrs in 1992. Upgraded ignition system and PP added and sold in 2004 with over 1200hrs for $8200. 28 off and beyond nothing was ever better at any tournament over the years until the 1997 SN.

Boat # 3 Surprise - 1997 SN Masters Edition Green (@crashman - nice colors). Mint condition. Bought in 2004 with less then 300hrs. Have yet to see a better color scheme or a better wake at all line lengths. Still have it. Looking to upgrade to SG with Zbox. ......It's a SN. Nuf said.

bd1abecc32435101dd6d4841203fd5.jpg14e1a9a7f39e9dbfe7501d23155bb8.pngee37eba24b201b0b58edd870e66e0a.jpg

Great to see so many older boats still about.

Even better that Perfect Pass is looking after our needs.

Ours is a custom built hull from a local guy with his own moulds.

Probably less than a dozen built.

Ours was late '97, has a carby 400 Chev that pulls 36 @ about 3100 rpm.

StarGazer went in when it was released & Z-Box last season.

Does the job & keeps us on the water.

9862cca4ecb821e1e05d8de45eab9a.jpg6385d7187313aae04a5823a114259b.jpg

• Baller
As you can see from the first picture, we ain't tugging nothing right now, but that is my tugger. The second is a picture of the 04 Prostar having a long nap for winter and the third is what happens when you put one and two together!

• Baller_
This could be the last one. If we can find another 09 with no hours we may do it again but we plan on getting what we paid for out of the 09 and then maybe its 2013 MC time. If MC makes a hull change we could get in on the same situation that the 200 did to the 196.

First and last are of my Stars and Stripes. Can't believe it's the first one on here. First pic is of the original owner (Dad) just before he finally agreed to sell. Las is of my birthday last year (12/20) in Madison, WI. We let the boat drift to the ice for a quick pic prior to getting a set in. In between is a nice shot of a friend's boat (nautique 2013 calendar - April) that yes is a wakeboard boat, but with some careful weighting will get you through the course with no problem up to about 28-32 odd depending on the wind, as the limiting factor is the spray. (Some design flaws you just can't overcome. Guess that's the price for seating 12 comfortably and tandem surfing when it's too rough to get a good slalom set.)

@east tx skier I'm a MasterCraft guy, but your Nautique is truely a sexy ride.