Baller Bucket List

skiray

It may be another new year talking, but I was wondering about a Baller Bucket List. Any thoughts on the top 10 places a Baller should ski before they kick the bucket?

One of my favorite places is on a river north of Childersburg, AL. Nobody is ever there. There is an east/west section and a north/south section so wind isn't an issue. It always has great water. Usually glass. Only issue is no course. Makes my list.

I'm curious about the top ten. Just in case I take a road trip...

• Baller

When my ex and I went to Hawaii I skied on the river on Kauai. There was actually a slalom course at the time. That's been a few years ago. I was on a borrowed ski from the rental place, but it was definitely one of my favorite locations that I've skied.

I always wanted to ski on the Brazos river, TX above Lake Whitney ever since I saw the Secret Spot movie.

• Baller
Lake powell.. I've been on it, but not in a ski boat. was finishing a raft trip. may not have a course, but have wanted to go for 10 years.. but, its not close to where I lived then, or now. And I want to be in my own boat too.. not some abused rental. I want that photo of me skiing by some 2000ft cliff in the sunset on glass.. might not ever happen.

• Baller

Volker at razor skis invited me to his tourney in Austria next summer...toying with that idea and making a family or wife and I trip out of it. Also would like to get to the U.K. and visit baller @Andyb who visited us sight unseen last season to tour some dairy farms (his line of work) and do some skiing. We had a riot with Andy and Lorna, got in some skiing along with some great food/drink/motorcycling and boat touring on Minnetonka. Would be fun to go hang with them and see their joint.

Would also be highly tempted by some sort of tourney with high baller density just to meet and hand with a bunch of fellow ballers. Of course any of these combined with the Rathbun's I listed above likely not to happen in a single year d/t expense :(

• Baller

@Razorskier1 - College is a good thing, but just make sure they understand that their best shot at a high paying upper management career will be if they can't spell, read, or make decisions.

Oh yeah, back to the bucket list:

Just about any lake in Minnesota.

Just about any river in Louisiana.

• Administrators

I really need to ski Radar

There are some sites in Australia that are amazing. I do not think it is still there but "Bed Rock" was the coolest ski site ever.

Every site on the Souther Fried Baller Safari was epic. I have to say the Clint Smith's site is one of the most awesome ski sites I have ever seen. (Once you get the banjo music and the phrase “Squeal Like A Pig” out of your head).

• Baller
I've only skied on 4 slalom lakes and all of them have something unique to offer. However, I must say that my favorite ski site has more to do with the company of friends. Every time I've gone to a new slalom lake, it's been to meet new skiers or to meet up with an old friend who also enjoys skiing.

• Baller_
Robin Lake Callaway Gardens. Last time I was there (yrs ago) they allowed the public to sign up for a ski ride the next day after the conclusion of the Masters. Of course I couldnt stay or even had my ski with but the plan was to do just that the next yr. Haven't been back but planning on it this yr if it doesn't interfere with Atlanta Ballers week and it's still offered. I can see it now...me taking a set and the crowd in the stands going wild.....well as wild as my wife and daughter can get.

• Baller

2015 Gordon Rathbun 's ski paradise was a big tick off my list. Absolutey great! Awesome coaches and skiing for a whole month.

Wife and I look forward to do it again .

Next time Air New Zealand sleeper couch looks the way to travel via Texas. That long haul from Australia is nasty.

• Baller

Radar

Okeeheelee

Gordon's or Costa Rica

Robin Lake

Berkeley

Horton's lake (Skied it) Thank you @Horton

Andy's lake (Skied it)

Travers (Skied it)

Waterski Atlanta

Tivoli Gardens (Skied it) Thank you @MISkier

Any place in Houston and Phoenix

The lake I want to buy (will remain a secret until that time)

That's just my wish list ..... Santa Clause are you listening?