Camaro Black Tec 2.0 and Impact Vest Review part 2

Horton

• Administrators

Honestly I am not skiing much this time of year so the Camaro Black Tec 2.0 review is LATE.

I skied yesterday for the first time in a month. Here in Bakersfield it is not as cold has most of the rest of the country but 55 degree air and 50 degree water is not warm for my thin blood. During my ride I was not cold in any way. The Camaro suit is simply crazy warm plus unencumbering. I do not think it impacts my ball count at all. I like it way more than any dry suit I have owned.

The weird thing is how warm your skin is when you take the suit off. I am very impressed.

• Baller
@tfriess Camaro always include a 3 year warranty with the suits. If it rips they will repair it. They are thin but if your careful then it wont be a problem. Things like jumping on the dock out the water on your knees are things you should avoid.

• Baller

On and off like a wetsuit...aka total pain in the arse! If I had heard about a suit like this a couple years ago, I would've been all over it. As for now, I use a 1mm pair of shorts and/or a 1mm shirt to keep me warm when the water is in the low 70's/high 60's. When the water temp gets to mid-low 60's, I bump up to the 2mm shorty. Beyond that, no one else wants to ski and I can't feel my feet anyway so I don't even use the full wetsuit I own.

Maybe I'll look hard at a Camaro shorty for next spring... Are the Black Tec's even available yet? I can't find them for sale anywhere...even on their site.

PS - I noticed Camaro only warrants their stuff for 1 year in the US instead of 3 years in Europe.

• Baller

As I understand it, the BlackTec is an open cell and the Titanium has the silvery coating, same neoprene. The open cell is a bare rubber outer surface which is the result of taking a thicker fabric both sides (neoprene center) and splitting it like they do leather hides. Lycra fabric against your skin allows for easy entry. The exposed rubber surface acts like slick skin to shed water and reduce wind chill.

I have both the 2mm Titanium as well as the 1mm Open cell. The Open Cell "new name BlackTec" will also be available in 2mm. Looks like they dropped the 1mm.

http://www.camaro.at/en/wasserski/black_tec/63_2795_99.php

I noticed Camaro has revised their warranty for the US and Canada as well as not listing the 2mm Titanium.