Who will win - Dream Week Tournament sponsored by Gordon Rathbun’s Ski Paradise Acapulco

Horton

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Willy has skied there for years and is there the week before. T-Gas has been there several weeks a year for several years. Pretty sure CP has been down there before. Andy is there several weeks a year for many years. Could be wrong but I don't think Nate has ever visited before. The brackish water there does ski a little different. Could be the difference. But then again, he is Nate Smith.......I'm in for $10. $5 on Willy, $3 on T-Gas, $2 on Nate. Can you say "Trifecta"?

• Administrators
$53 plus the 5 I will add when I decide on what score I am betting on. I do not know what the conditions will be like. I think your bet @MattP of 4-4.5 at 41 is pretty smart.

• Baller
@Horton why thank you. I do study spend a lot of time working with scores and keeping up with skiers via social meda ect. I think I have a good idea of what these guys are up to and capable of at the current time in the season. Give me an hour and I could put out some cool statistical data on these guys.

• Administrators

Funny no love for @Mapple yet. If he has been practicing at 36, he is still the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) Is he really a long shot?

I wonder what happens when he gets on the dock with the young bucks. Reminds me of the story of the young bull and the old bull.

• Administrators
@rico interesting bets. I wondered if anyone would go for for the 1/4 - 1/2 scores. If they get through 41 that is a very very good bet.

Mapple is the GOAT but it will be pretty tough to hang with the young guys at 36. Will be fascinating to find out. If the wind does come up (think that's why they moved it earlier a few days) I'd think that helps Mapple, he can ski in anything. And moving it earlier may benefit Willy, less practice time for the other guys.....Wonder who will be driving? Coni and Carlos?

• Administrators

Current bets are

Asher 23

Smith 13

Parrish 25

T-Gas 3

Mapple 24

I will convert to odds or something tonight if I can. The short answer is if you bet a $1 on T-Gas and he wins you take home about $30 ($93 in the pool if you are one of three that bets on T-Gas you get 1/3 of the pool)

• Baller

It looks like you guys are having fun! Good reading. We are having fun down here. It is quite fun to watch when any one of the skiers heads out for a set, there are lots of eyes on the water, even though very nonchalantly!! There is a very good atmosphere, and lots of laughs...but skiing does get a little serious. (OK a lot serious)

Interesting set for me today, thought I would just take a few passes as I am just trying to get time and used to 36 again, when Will and Nate get in the boat!! A little pucker factor then!

Wednesday evening we are sending Nate down to the Acapulco Cliff divers. He needs to buy a speedo first though! LOL Now that would be a pic!

Figure I could give you guys a little insight, kinda like F1 and how they post practice times....

Todays scores:

Will 5@41

Andy 3@41..(the body is suffering, and day off tomorrow!!)

CP 2.5@41

Nate 1.5 @41

TGas...was spending today doing some testing with his setup, and not pushing the scores.

This is a dream week for several Ski Paradise guests, and we are all very thankful to them. But this is a dream week for me, just to hang out with these guys is very cool. @horton

• Administrators

Updates

Asher 24

Smith 33

Parrish 25

T-Gas 5

Mapple 26

4 - 4.5 @ 39 1

4-4.5 @ 41 2

1/4- 1/2 @ 41 1

3 - 3.5 @ 41 1

1 - 1.5 @ 43 6

1/4- 1/2 @ 43 2

The ball count and the skiers are each a different pool. If you get on right you split the winning depending on your # of bets ($).

As an example: There are currently 5 bets on T-Gas. If I were to drop $1 on the Italian to bring the total to 6 and he wins I would get 1/6th of all pool. That is $18.33.

To spice it up if anyone gets the skier and the final winning score I will double the payout. To be clear I will double the payout for that bet not for everyone.

• Administrators

The pot is now over $150

Need I remind you guys the T-Gas is past World champ. If he wins a few will walk away with a pocket of cash.

• Baller
The BallOfScores feed is all set up and ready to go when the event starts. It looks like the event is moved up to Wednesday & Thursday. You can follow live scores in the BallOfScores iPhone app, on the front page of the website(click home), and it will be on the side of the forum where Instagram usually is.

• Baller

Not this year. Gordon said next year possibly. Corey Vaughan will be up in the air with a camera I hear. I also have line an onsite reporter to keep BallOfScores updated. Jenna Morgan will be doing this for us. So no grumbling about not getting scores they will be steaming all over the site and in the app.

@Horton can we get an update on the odds? Decide on a time to close the contest?

• Baller_
Wait, after reading that my bets are for ping pong not slalom =) Also, would there be room for this side by side courses at SOAKED with the 4 buoy course format? Now that would get the crowd going as there are so many non-skier spectators.

• Administrators
The lake used for Soaked last year is wide enough I think but it is mega short. Would be one heck of a show just watching the drivers.