How often do you video yourself? 1 X a season 10X a season every set

Rich

• Baller_
we try to get video about 1/2 the time, but sometimes don't have a 3rd in the boat to handle camera duty, it really is very helpful to see your mistakes and also very humbling, but every now and then the stars align, you run your hardest pass, and that's the reason we all hit our heads against the course over and over and over......

• Baller

I video most sets, apart from the obvious advantages I think it is good to get used to a camera in the boat as I always seemed to have a stinker of a set every time the camera came out, probably tying too hard for the camera.

Now I have one less excuse.

Probably only 4 or 5 sets a year, far too few. I video for other skiers far more. Main reason I don't video myself more is that although I own a Trakker and I like the results, I find it a pain to set up. My ski club has 12 minute slots ( which I like ) so there's just not enough time to set aTrakker up unless the slot before me happens to be empty. I've just bought a new camera mount from @darren at e-z-cam. Set-up is less than ten seconds on any boat. I intend to use it a lot this year, even going to take it with me when I go to ski school. I'll post how I get on with it if the water level in the lake ever drops enough to ski without wrecking the banks .

f5c7995823c5d34081c3d0a5a0497e.jpg

• Baller
When I bought my Kodak Zx5 this winter I also sprang for the remote control for it. Never have to touch the actual camera, the driver can turn on/off with the remote without even having to look at the camera. Should make it much easier to video with more consistancy. I don't think the Zx5 is anywhere near the best video camera out there, however for my intended use and for the price how do you beat it?

• Baller
I have a zx5 on a homemade mount, it's durable, works well, waterproof is nice too, my friend says if you get higher speed sd cards the quality goes way up. Apparently there is a number value on the cards that determines that. Going to try that next. I video myself a lot-pretty helpful but also like verbal feedback between passes for faster adjustments to technique.

On a slight tangent,

I was looking at a few bits of our footage on the weekend, in both Media Player & VLC, pausing & stepping back & forward etc & it got me thinking back to my old Mitsubishi VHS video recorder that had a jog & shuttle wheel on the remote. Was great the way you could control the playback/frame stepping rate just by spinning the wheel.

Thought, Gee I miss that type of control & wondered whats about that aids in control of slow-mo, & frame by frame playback in the world of AVI files & media player software.

Any one know anything? Could imagine that the mouse outputs could be used for some form of playback control or even the scroll wheel.

Could be either a feature in a player or an add-in/Plug-in.

Cheers

Phil

• Baller
I video just about every set. That's how I came across the video of me skiing at 34pmh. Almost deleted it and then thought may be a few of you out there would appreciate it. I take my Trakker P4 with me when I go ski with friends at other lakes. It takes about a minute to tighten the two mounting screws. Then I can go ski and not have to rely on observer input.

• Baller

@Rich I'm learning a ton from video. I video every set with a GoPro II on a Trakker 4. The Trakker's quick ck ck release shoe lives on the GoPro, so setup is 5 seconds and I leave the camera recording until we're done so it's no sweat for the driver(s). I find I miss the video review so much when I go to a coach that I now have a couple of Ski-Doc camera mounts on the way so I can record those sets too.

Videoing the boat path is an excellent idea, but I don't think it would be a big hit with my wife/driver... "look honey, you shorted me on 3 & 5. Get it together woman!" ツ

@tfriess the 200 belongs to the club I belong to, Liquid Leisure in London. The tower is on there to make it easier for beginners to start and for the wakeboarders we have. The original 200 tower we had last year fixes onto the boat too far back. On shortline, 12m and under I think, the rope needs to bend around the tower when the skier is at the buoy line.

• Baller
I leave mine running right thru too to not bother driver, but real step is to have pros view it more, I can only see so much no matter how much I watch, except for gates though-can really see width, speed, coordinate to boat and timing at 1 ball.