Too Much Ski?

SpartanSki

So a friend has a 2013 A3 he is willing to sell to me for dirt cheap (relatively speaking) before it goes on ski-it-again. However, I won't have a chance to ski it until the spring (couple feet of ice in the way). So the question is, as someone who is just getting into 22off at 32-34mph, is it too much ski for me? The size seems about right, I think I'd be a 67 if I were skiing 36 and this is a 68, I figured the longer length would help if I slowed down for practice. But I also run the risk of being "hey look at that guy that just missed 15off on an A3"... My original plan was a Senate C but this might be too good of a deal to pass up. Thoughts?

• Baller

@SpartanSki: I recommend you get the ski...I have been skiing on the A3 for a while now and can tell you that you can easily tune this ski to be Very Stable and easy to ski on, or you can also tune it to be extremely responsive and sensitive to input.

You can e-mail me at eaj38off at aol dot com...I will be glad to give you numbers to set it up for the line lengths you want.........ED

• Baller
I haven't skied on the A3, but the A2 & S2 are very user friendly. My guess is the A3 is also. Like the posts above said, if you get a good price, you will be able to sell it for what you paid or close to it. I've bought in sold several skis on SIA. I usually sell them for a little less than I paid just to move them quickly. It's been a good way to demo skis.

• Baller
Get the Senate C too. This way you can try them both. Then sell the one that doesnt work for you. This is the only way to really find out. And as Horton says you got to ski 10+ sets on a ski to really know if it works. Sure this method costs money but who said this sport is cheap. After lakes, boats, gas, travel, tournament fees. A few hundred bucks more on "demo" expenses is worth it to get the best ski for you!

• Baller

More than what your PB is, too much ski is defined (IMHO) around where you spend most of your passes. If most of your passes are spent above 15 off/32mph, your good. If not,... it depends...

Although I advise to get a better suited ski than a high end slalom to people skiing at 32 or less, I spent countless 30s and 28s on a Goode 9300...