At Mapple Skis this morning....first impression...

JohnCox

• Baller

@JohnCox: Thanks John, that didn't sound like something you would do....I erased any reference to your name in the post.

Tomorrow I ski the Mapple 6.0 for the first time..Do you have any Fin Numbers you could recommend...Mine is the 68.5"

@rico: Thanks for all your info..Hope you have a good trip back and your ski makes it OK.

• Baller

@rico: Thanks, I am close to those settings 6.810..2.508..0.777..8 degrees

@OB: I just felt 2.520 sounded to deep...I couldn't decide on 2.505 and 2.510, so I split the difference at 2.508...It usually takes me about 10 sets to find the sweet spot...Andy's Lake is only 5 mins. away...I will go ski with him once I feel I have done all I can myself and am really comfortable with the ski.

• Baller

There seems to be a HUGE difference in numbers between the 66 and 68...Funny thing was that with my A3, all sizes had the SAME Factory numbers...That sure didn't sound right.

My numbers on the A3 were not even close to the factory numbers after 10 sets.

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson - I'm on the 66.75" so I don't think my numbers will help. I'm skiing in West Palm this weekend. Did 2 sets of nothing but 28 working on stuff Andy helped me with. Good gosh I love this thing. Thank you, @Mapple!

• Baller

@JohnCox...Glad you like it, hope I can say the same tomorrow...Say Hi to Schnitz for me if you see him...Also, Jack Daugherty, one of the Big Dawg and Senior Tournament drivers is skiing there right now. Tell him to get his but back up here to Orlando to ski. We have glass till Tues. and I want to set him up with a New Quest to demo before he goes back up North.

PS: Did you deviate from the stock numbers and if so, what direction....Thx

• Baller

@OB: I have been on the A3 the last couple months. The Best HO Ever....However, to answer what I felt, was with the A3, I was adjusting my skiing to fit the ski....With the M6, the ski adjusted to fit my skiing.

The first thing I noticed was how light the ski felt when I got in the water. I could only feel my boots...On the first pullout for the gates, it was so light on the castout to the apex...From there on the ski followed my every move..I didn't have to force it to do anything.

While it has good acceleration and turns well, so does the A3...Best attribute was acceleration off the apex...Plus when I pushed it, there was no tendency to overturn or stall, it just took off.

I have really spent a lot of time trying to make my form more of a snow skiing style with COM movement...Other skis did not seem to react to what I was trying to do and might even fight you..Very frustrating....The M6 is the first ski that says "Go For It," I'll follow you.

To further elaborate on your question, What did you feel? I would say that for the first time in a long time, "This is a Hell of a lot of FUN." Thankyou Andy !!!

Skied on it for a week now. Spring (poor) form, but already almost PB. Did not want to change the ski (was happy with the 2012 Strada) but I did! And yes, it is super forgiving and I cannot find anything it does wrong. Awsome stuff Andy! And you get the flex numbers so if you need another one, it will be pretty much the same! Keep it going Andy and the Mapple Team!

• Baller

Rico, ho connelly and obrein are all the same factory would they make skis for andy? ???a competetor??? herb was the one that steped up and helped andy they have a long history. just saying andy could not make the skis at his place. tryed but it did not work. Tim, Edding and the crew at radar made it happen thats all i'm saying the design is working well and that is andys design glad it working for so many folks.

Deano

• Baller
@Texas6 - a lack of skiing talent precludes me from commenting on it with any detail after just 1 set. I can say with confidence that if you demo it quite certainly you'll like it. Liking a ski can be a good thing... or bad thing if unable to ride it more.

• Baller

4th set on 66.75" M6 - Reflex 29.75" - .781/2.501/6.837/8 - setup/AM

First ski I haven't felt like tweaking.

Time to fundamentally tweak skier; quicker turn-in for the gates with more speed, tighter connection, more athletic/balanced/stack out wide. Fix those crap-awful "onside" turns. Open/level shoulders...etc.

The ease of this ski makes it feel like such fundamental changes can take place.

Looking forward to more superb coaching.

Another convert.