98 Nautique 196 for sale on Craigslist

gregy

• Baller
gregy thanks...did not really consider a boat purchase but I owned a 97' and a 98". Shot the guy an email. Shipping to Washington? Thought I saw someone in the know about shipping post on another discussion topic.

• Baller

Skibug, is (was) that your 09 MC, red and black? She is a sweetheart so thank you for taking care of her. She is in good hands, on a private lake, so don't worry about her new home. Her new owners are smitten.

Getting off topic here with Skibug so anyone else feel free to chip in. How does one "disengage" the trailer brakes for backing? The light assembly does not fit my truck so we had to use a vehicle that fit the assembly. Otherwise, how does one back up with no trailer lights?

• Baller
My trailer break is disengaged electrically with a wire coming off the the back up lights. Run a wire from your back up light to the proper terminal in the trailer wiring harness and it shoud do the trick. Otherwise, override it with mwetskier's suggestion.

• Baller
My trailer break is disengaged electrically with a wire coming off the the back up lights. Run a wire from your back up light to the proper terminal in the trailer wiring harness and it shoud do the trick. Otherwise, override it with mwetskier's suggestion.

• Baller
My suburban has a flat 4 pin connection. Boat has a 5 pin flat. I turn my lights on and turn the two connectors perpendicular to each other and match the light pin to the brake release pin on the trailer. I keep planing on fixing it with a round plug setup. I've used a clamp as well.

• Baller
My suburban has a flat 4 pin connection. Boat has a 5 pin flat. I turn my lights on and turn the two connectors perpendicular to each other and match the light pin to the brake release pin on the trailer. I keep planing on fixing it with a round plug setup. I've used a clamp as well.

• Baller_
on a 5 way flat connector, the blue wire is energized by the towing vehicle reverse light circuit, which activates a lock out solenoid for backing up. You can use the tow vehicles brown (marker lights) wire to energize the lock out solenoid to get the same result on a 7 way round connector. The reverse lock out solenoid is typically the large center connector on the trailer plug. Just use a jumper wire with alligator clips and jump the marker light signal to the center pin and you're good to go.

• Baller_
on a 5 way flat connector, the blue wire is energized by the towing vehicle reverse light circuit, which activates a lock out solenoid for backing up. You can use the tow vehicles brown (marker lights) wire to energize the lock out solenoid to get the same result on a 7 way round connector. The reverse lock out solenoid is typically the large center connector on the trailer plug. Just use a jumper wire with alligator clips and jump the marker light signal to the center pin and you're good to go.

• Baller_
@swc5150 Ahhhhhhh. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The lighting is messing with the photo. I believe that might be the Masters Green color combo. Cream/Beige and Forest Green N stripe as well as Forest Green accents on the two tone interior. Best color combo SN ever created IMHO. Ok, I own a Masters Edition. Bias?, yes. I'd want more for my 97. If it is Masters Green, you wife will love it. Finders Fee ;-)