2012 69" ho triumph flex

allycat

hello i have a ho triumph have been battling with deep water starts on it all season it feels like when you start it is just bending underneath me and draging in the water .i have no flex testing machine but compared it by hand to my connelly outlaw and the outlaw flexes a bit than stops the triumph bends easyer and just keeps going without stiffening up like a banana is this normal .one of my mates who is about 140 pounds tryed it and reckons it was a mission to get up on dragged heaps and he ski s on shorter carbon fiber competition slalem ski(not sure of size but heaps smaller than the triumph) i weigh about 225 pounds.so is it just me or are these ski s sposed to be easy to get out on.the problem is i love sking on this ski compared to the outlaw.sometimes i just drop a ski and find when getting out than i have to put more weight on the old drop ski (a cheap bluewater 67 inch standard width ski )than the triumph that wants to bury itself.

@allycat. The 69" 2012 triumph is one of my skis ( now my wife ski.). It was one of my favorites. As I have mentioned before, the 2012/13 is much better than the first gen. One of the many differences is the rocker. ( I have put both on my pool table and compared.). The new triumph has a flatter rocker, so you have to ball up and put even more pressure on your forward foot/leg when getting up. The new triumph is supposed to be 50 carbon and 50 glass. I don't think it is any softer than the old one. Also, with your size, maybe you should demo the 71". Good luck!

• Baller
At 225 lbs, you should pop out of the water on a 69". You either have a technique issue or the bindings and fin is causing you to nose dive on take off. At 260 I come out, most of the time, on a 69" Senate C. Its not the ski, maybe fin or binding. Most people don't know, because they don't push the limit of the ski on starts like I do, but if you add length to the fin, it will help bury the tip. Same with bindings forward. Too far back can cause lack of surface area too. Pay attention to what happens with the tip. Also, try pushing your feet out ahead of you with knees tucked, to the point where you feel like you are sitting on the tail of the ski.

thanks @bogboy thats basicaly what i have been doing to get up on it was going to get a 71 inch one but was talked out of it they reckoned it would not turn as well should have i think.@AB the bindings and fin are standard positions the tip stays just out of the water will try your method and see what happens .think this ski is going to ebay will have a go on the 67 inch bluewater ski saterday if i can get out on it the triumph is going a new ski for next season

yep found the problem getting out nothing wrong with the ski or the skier just my driver (misses)needed to give the boat full throttle to get me out got 5 out of 6 deepwater starts in today. missed the first one and told her to hold it flat and she did this time for a change . just hope she will do it in the future.sorry to waste you blokes time