RFF vs LFF let's see these stats!

popof

• Administrators

as a RFF skier I have worked on my 1/3/5 a lot more than my 2/4/6. All those 1 balls plus 3 critical turns on that side vs 2 on the other.

Result? My 1/3/5 is far better than my 2/4/6.

• Baller
Left handed and LFF skier. I skateboard right foot forward and push with the left, wakeboard the same. Throw and bat right. Every time one of these surveys come up my impression is there's no rhyme or reason to handedness and how people do different sports.

• Baller

The best way to study this is to capture all of the typical attributes which are theorized to have an association with choosing which foot goes forward. Obtain a sufficiently significant sample. Then, group respondents into every possible combination of the attributes. Finally, calculate the average skill level by group. See which groups rise to the top and what attributes are common among those top groups. Look for statically significant correlations.

Attributes:

Dominant Eye

Dominant Hand writing

Swing bat/racket handedness

Best Balance foot/leg

Step Up on High step/platform/box/bench - foot placed up first

Step onto a balance beam/slack line/walk a balance line - foot placed first / first step foot

Strongest Leg

Foot that pushes when skateboarding

Foot used to kick a ball

Foot forward when surfing/wake surfing/wake boarding

etc.

Performance:

Skier level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)

Years slalom skiing

Personal Best score in a tournament (Buoy count @ Line @ speed)

Personal Best score in practice (Buoy count @ Line @ speed)

Demographics:

Sex

Height

Weight

• Baller
Just my personal observation, being LFF if I'm late coming into 5 ball I'm glad I'm LFF, if I'm late into 6 then I'm wishing I was RFF. I am right handed, Golf righty, Bat Lefty. Wakeboard and Skateboard LFF. But hold the handle In the Goofy grip, right palm down. And use a RTP w an old rubber Connelly Vision front.

• Baller

A guy I ski with was having lower back pain and his Chiro told him it was because he is all twisted up one direction when skiing. The Chiro said it would be better if he could switch feet every other ride.

He put his ski on the wrong foot forward and ran his opener and a couple more passes. I was really impressed. I wouldn't have been able to get out of the water.