Extreme tubing!?

KcSwerver

• Baller
Tubing..... Seriously.? What are your thoughts? Personally I can barely stomache the idea that tubing is becoming a legitamate sport. Sure it's great for all the people who don't have enough natural talent ;) to ski trick or jump... But I never thought USAWS would add this to the list of sports it supports and do this to themselves...

• Baller
They are about including everyone even the masses, show ski, speed skiing ect. If we did not see it coming we were blind. It's sad to see USAWS go this direction but I guess if it keeps our governing body alive by bringing in more revenue and sponsors it could be a good thing. It will create a way for us to get people to cross disciplines to try skiing. Tubes do make up a huge portion of revenue for the ski companies as well that allow the slalom divisions with expensive R&D to stay afloat.

Tubing is a form of masochism and violence before its a sport and i love me some tubing in occasion. Driving is certainly a skill. You want to slowly ratchet up the difficuly for the person riding so after about 10 minutes the rider is surviving some lethal stuff and the oh shit moments keep coming.

if im tubing its because im sick of the gentlemans sport or just to shot to go another set and want to test my skills and will to stay on against a driver. Its like king of the hill. If i stay on i win. If i get knocked off then the driver wins.

• Baller

i dont know if it would be good in a tournament idea. but honestly, even though it tough on the body i love for my wife to floor it and do some giant double ups and chunk me and or my kids half way across the lake. we have contests at the lake, if you dont run or better your average skiin then you must ride the tube. i laugh so hard that you barely notice the blood.

My Nano One Toob™ arrived last Friday from Fedex so I had all weekend to dial it in. My “Beer Holder” settings are depth 4.75, length 2.875 and DFT 5’ 11.65”. The flex numbers are off the chart. Anyone tried other settings? I’m thinking I need a little more depth (yep the beer flew outta the holder a couple of times).

• Baller
But can you use double side velcro??? If so do you go with the 450 or 250? or, will they come out with another type to interlock with your leg hairs? Then, what do the girls use?

• Baller

After a series of unfortunate accidents at Lakes at Cypress Hill this weekend leaving @cypressskier down a ski, @jstaab3 retiring from competitive wine drinking, and myself experiencing the Hoover-Maneuver and getting drug onto the island, we have decided to retire from competitive skiing and instead become extreme tubers. We're already eyeing that phat jump ramp right in front of Jeff's house and have decided the first one to ride over the ramp while standing up on the tube gets free beer for 1 year. @DaveP will produce and direct the video of said tube jump attempts with @lhoover appointed as driver as long as he doesn't have to pull a tuber under the bridge.