How has your season started? Is the weather an issue?

Horton

• Baller

I Skied today! Yippie!!

Last ice went away this weekend (just a bit in small shadow parts of the lakes.

Three clubs in Stockholm area put their boats in the water this weekend but our club have unfortunately a bit colder water and ours will not go into the lake until May 18th (a bit late).

BUT we have a gentlemen's agreement in large Stockholm area.

If you are a member in one club you can be a guest in most of the others (free of charge, a reasonable amount of occasions)

So had my season start at LIDA VSK today.

http://www8.idrottonline.se/LidaVSK-Vattenskidor/

Thank you very much Lida!

Water went from 0 to 7 C in a few days and the sun was there so that was a great start.

One can actually put on 2 pair of 2 mm socks in the Vector bindings. That felt great!

A semi dry, small 1 mm shorty was actually sufficient.

Decided to take it slow and not go into the coarse. However, LIDA where not allowed to use the whole lake and preferred to go up and down in the coarse.

So I forgot everything I truly promised myself and went for the first boie. Of course that was stupid and I made a nice dive after second wake. Did I learn anything...... Another really nice dive after second wake again......

Then I finally come back to my senses and took it a bit more slow and just shadow the bois.

Made total 8 passes. Oppps suddenly I made 4 on 26.67 mhp without intention (this is sort of close to my record).

I even considered a second rum but then I realized that I am actually not 25 any more (55 soon)

I am now very happy and hope my body can take this so my humble advice to you would be:

!! Do not start of that stupid !!

A nice bath might get me back (my back) into working shape again tomorrow?!?

• Baller

A bit off topic and according to my limited knowledge:

Global Warming causes (after a while) the cold areas to be even colder, the warm areas even warmer so you do not want to live in either place.

And the rest will be substantial smaller area with more rainy and windy.

• Baller

We put the course in last week and skied once. High winds from the wrong direction this weekend, so we will try to get out early this week. Our prevailing wind is SW, but we have seen a week of East winds, which is our least protected end. It has been 15-25mph for days. Not only sucks for skiing, it blows the pollen around. I am 2 weeks early for my allergy shot.

We should have been out 5-10 times by now, at least...

• Baller_

@AB, that east to west pattern is very rare indeed. We hardly ever see east winds and they were here for days. Yesterday, they were strong enough to make the sets very difficult - least protected direction.

I think it is being caused by a blocking high pressure system off the east coast. I also think that is compressing the jet stream and giving all that winter weather to WI and MN. But, I am not a meteorologist.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I always say skiers are part-time weathermen. My wife always says I missed my true calling, weather.

Online digital radar opened up so many possibilities! Although, I doubt I am the only that carries the iPad or Smart phone loaded with wether apps into the boat

• Baller_
I have my phone with the WeatherBug app in the boat at all times and I watch the forecast like a hawk when planning to ski. In fact, I just checked it this morning for Wednesday's conditions - which have changed since I checked last night at 10:00PM. Yep, I'm a little obsessive.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
First time out was tonight after work. Despite the horrible spring, this is pretty par for the course around here (Mother's Day is typically our season opener). Was 86 here today but the water is still in the 50s (had frost Sunday night). Horribly out of shape from dealing with the broken collarbone and knee problem over the winter but got up on the first try and no falls. Water conditions were terrible but had fun anyway.

• Baller
We are finally in full swing here. It is a little cool in general but we have the course in and I have 4-5 sets in at home. I ran my first 32 off of the year which is definitely the earliest I have ever run it.

• Baller
Due to life, work, weather, and yesterday due to a lack of a driver, I have only logged 5 sets so far this year. Usually by now I have at least 25. I'm jonesing to get into form with my new AM 6.0, buts it's been hard with water in the 50's and wind blowing straight down the lake. Next weekend is supposed to be better though.

• Baller
Here in Central Texas, things were nice in March and April, then the winds hit. I have been skiing well so far this spring though. The real problem here with the weather is, unless we get rain, we wont be skiing for much longer. Right now we are at about 4.5 feet deep from an 8 foot lake. another 6 inches to a foot and we'll be done.. heading into June, and heading in to late may, the pattern has shifted, and we could be SOL.. again...

• Baller

Ohio has finally warmed up, but wind has been having a tantrum.

Tonight 18-40. We skied last night in 15-20, fortunately, we have a big overpass from the borrow pit to our south, and it knocked a lot of the south wind down.

No knocking down 40mph gusts tonight!

Rain then cold rest of week. Can't even golf.

• Baller
@AB - Same here in Colorado. Wind has been howling. It is finally warming up, getting into the 80's this week, but with a Red Flag Warning in effect starting tomorrow. Getting quality ski time has been a real challance this spring:(