The skinny on Nano 1 sizing

bhs

• Supporting Member
Should consider your style, too. I'm 6'2" 170# and would not consider going larger than the "original" 65.25 that I'm on. But I've usually gone with the smallest ski in my range (and boy did I have a bad season the one time I didn't) because I don't have the power behind the boat to take advantage of a larger ski, so all I get out of it is slower turns.

• Baller_
@MrJones I am on the N1 and liking it. It was the best ski I tried last year and it will stick with me until I find something better. Mrs.MS will ride it if I find another ski (Mapple or A3) that works so that I will always have a fall back ski.

• Baller

jayski.

I don't want to get off topic, but you might want to start a new thread on the Endo. My wife has been on an Elite for a while and I have considered getting her an Endo. Would like to hear some feedback on it.

• Supporting Member
@MS My honeymoon is not over yet. The N1 even feels a bit miraculous on open water. Should be back in the course next week. I am really looking forward to see what this season holds. Season goal: Lose count of how many -38s I've run in my lifetime. (Currently 7.)

• Baller_

@Jayski The only OB ski that I have been able to ride is the SIXAM2. My elbows still hurt from my month on the Elite.

@Than I love the N1 and through 6 sets this spring, I have a big grin on my face.

This is direct from the Goode web site:

Recommended ski selection guide for the NANO ONE

65.25″ – up to 195 pounds

66″ – 165 to 220 pounds

66.75″ – 195 pounds and up

Looks like you are on the high end for the 65.25" and right in the middle for the 66". I am 5'9" 179# and have a 65.25" which I haven't tried yet to evaluate. Looks like there is a wide overlap in sizing on the Nano One.

• Baller

I don't trust that sizing chart and was looking for some personal experience. Talked to a big dawg skier about my size and he said he could ski the 65 it was just unforgiving. Thought I should skip the 66 and go with the 66.75. Cuurently on a 66 mid i li so I think I'm going to wait.