Switched to a rear toe plate

bhs

• Baller

I learned to get up dragging a foot in the 80s. Then I bought a Kidder redline with double boots and that was over. I rember how easy it was to get up dragging that foot and after finding out I have disc degeneration in L4L5 I thought I would give it a shot again. Today was the first day and I could hardly run 22! I felt like I was all over on the ski and my off side turned real hard....but it was so much easier on my back getting up!

Anyone else make the switch and if so how long tell you got used to it?

• Baller

A few years back I tried my friend's identical Goode to mine, but he used rtp and I have had double boots since EP X2 days... I could barely run a pass. Seemed like I was doing side slides on the top of the wakes on my onside, and felt like I was going to slide out at any moment.

It would take me a long time to get used to it again. I have been thinking about it, due to a knee issue on my back knee. Coming out with it bent hard basically has me limping around for a few days every time I ski.

• Baller
I think it's less about the actual RTP and more about just binding changes. Throw your bindings on a different ski and you ski fairly similar. Throw a new set of bindings on the same ski you've been on for months and all of a sudden, your world is rocked and you can barely run or can't run your opening pass anymore.

• Baller

Reason I moved to dbl boots ages ago was my rear foot would come out randomly. I never felt secure with the rtp and don't think I could go back, but the reps are also generic sized, which may be part of my issue.

There are a lot of options for a rear boot now, some have a kicker and a heal cup which might be the best of both worlds.

• Baller
With my old set up I really liked how the mid turned my off side, but after switching to the toe plate I feel like I'm falling over after 1-3-5, sometimes I feel like it turns to hard. A little frustrating since this the ski used to feel so good at 1-3-5. Don't want to tweak anything until I have had some more time on the new set up.