Wing reinstallation

Waternut

• Baller
Since a thread was just posted on removing the wing, it made me come forward and ask about the other way around. I've had my wing off since I started skiing the course. At 28-32mph, it makes perfect sense to get rid of it to me. Since I'm just starting to ski into 34 and 36mph at 15 off now, I was wondering at what point you would start considering reinstalling the wing.

• Baller

No. When your starting speed is @ 32 MPH or more, meaning you are spending most if not all of your time @ 34 MPH.

Complementing info: a skier should be at his limit pass in a tournament in his 4th pass (or more, if you are a 41off and beyond skier). Meaning that when you start @ 32 MPH, you should be capable of running 22 off and do a few @ 28. You would spend most of your time training @ 34 MPH/15 off and 22 off (being 32 MPH just your opener, and a pass you almost never miss). When you are at or above the level described, it makes sense to put the wing back.

• Baller
There is no magic speed or line length where it is right or wrong. Either it helps or it does not. Try a wing and if it feels better and helps leave it on. If it does not help and feels worse, take it off.

• Baller
Do not want to make something big out of this, but beginners skiing at 46-49 km/h (28/30 MPH) can benefit on having some decisions taken by someone else, like fin setting and wing. At these speeds, a wing does not help.