2014 radar skis

woolly110

Shown the 2014 radar ski catalog yesterday while talking to dealer about ordering my new ski and they look very different from 2013's. Very cool design and looks.

I was looking at a vice, carbon vice or may look at a starda or d3 quest but im not sure i'm at that level yet.

This season(New Zealand) was my first go at the course and progressed from only just getting through at 46 km(28mph) to running 6 at 55kph twice in my very last set for the season. So i decided to sell my senate (69") as i still have a year to go at 58kph before turning 35 and get a more higher end ski but am I best to buy top of the line or more like a vice level ski? Im 6 foot 209lbs.

Cheers for any advice.

• Baller

Get the carbon ski, lighter is better, especially for less advanced skiers Imo. You are in the course now, and progressing fast, no reason not to get a tournament ski. There is little difference between the Senate and the vice outside the width anyways.

I tried the vice for a few weeks last year and noticed a marked improvement on the strada I skied on for only a few sets, it was much easier to ski on, smoother and more predictable. I ran them both 22-32 34&36, not a big difference in buoy count but definitely in the feel.

• Baller
The vice is not softer than the strada, the flex numbers are identical. The rebound time and dampeding is different. The PU core rebounds slower in the vice than the pvc core in the strada. So when the ski finishes the turn the vice gives you the slightest more time to get into position before accelerating, while the strada will accelerate without waiting for you. The vice will be better for rougher water because the core dampens the chop better. I have skied both and love both skis

• Baller
Three skis I have been on in the last year were all High Performance and Very Easy to ski on. I would put a 15 off skier on any of these..HO S2, Quest, and Mapple 6.0...The M6 worked the best for me and is what I am currently on.

• Administrators
2014 Radar products have not been announced yet in the USA. I am pretty sure they have some cool stuff but we should let them unveil when they are ready.