O'Brien Conquer Video 32 and 35 off passes

Horton

• Administrators

The speed and width is freaken crazy. Like not any ski I have ever ridden.

I am not as happy from the apex to the hook up. Is a bit of a rodeo. If I could get smooth at the hookup this would be amazing.

• Baller

looks pretty dang good, one thing i do notice is it sounds like the ZO is working hard, compared to some of your other videos maybe? this ski, although it gets you wider and goes faster, may be making you work harder. any thoughts?

• Baller
@Horton, keep carving the arc with your leading hip through the finish through the turn instead of blocking, you come into the buoy in good position but you tend to drop your shoulder through the finish...just my .02 : )

• Baller

@Than,

1. It looks like the ski is sliding and stalling when John is finishing the turns instead of tracking.

2. A shallow fin will let you over power it and roll up on a crazy edge, and that is what this looks like to me.

3. It looks like John is really working (and ZO) and a deeper fin will be less aggressive yet hold and carry speed, and that is just my impression from watching an isolated film. Ski is setup for PP.

4. I can mess anyone's ski up, and Horton is no exception....

I would only add a .001 or .002 depth and see if it calms down a little, yet still gets great angle and tracks around the turn to hookup.