Orlando, here I come!

JohnCox

• Baller
Leaving out at the crack before dawn with the wife, daughter, and a friend of hers for a long weekend in Orlando. Staying at a nice resort, but more importantly, going to do some skiing with Andy.....I am so stoked....

• Baller
That sounds like a great time, have fun! BTW, nice article in the current Waterski Mag! My son just got his cast off from his broken leg, then I had a bad fall and broke my foot, surgery Friday and no skiing for 6-9 months):

• Baller
I have radar stratas never released in 4 yrs, but this time partial release after second wake at 38, tip caught and twisted foot bad, I have a Lisfranc fracture. I think I will try Reflex next year when I ski again.@ob what binding are you on? And how many lake have skied so far?

• Baller

John, we met briefly at LaPoint Ski Park. Hope you guys have a good time.

I'll be trying to keep my ski buddy @SkiKolb from jumping off any cliffs since he can't ski (he's already trying to shorten the timeline to 6 months from 9 months...it might be 12 - 14 depending on how PT goes).

• Baller

@SkiKolb that sucks. Not too long after I saw you guys my son fractured the growth plate in his tibia and was out for 6 weeks and he is slowly coming back.

On the Strada front the key is not too tight. I had a major out the front yesterday and launched right out of my Strada. I keep the bottom tight but the top not too tight and they work for me.

• Baller
@scarletarrow let's not change our role from ski buddy to doctor? Dr. junko said no skiing for 6-9 months, I did not make that up. @chef23 you are probably right about overtighting the Stratas, glad they are working for you. Glad you son is back skiing, my son broke both tib and fib, we are hurting here. @johncox can you check with Andy and on price for 3 G10 plates for me? I know you have an in there and I may change over the whole fam. Thanks

• Baller

@SkiKolb my son has been skiing on Reflex for probably 5 years and loves it. He uses the same boot for his slalom and trick ski. I have a Reflex on my trick ski and tried it for one set on my slalom and thought I was going to kill myself so I went back to my Wiley at the time then switched to the Strada later. I keep thinking about trying the Reflex again but I don't get enough sets in to take the time to switch.

Good luck to you and the family on the recovery front.

• Baller

Speaking of weird falls....Thursday, I had one of my weirdest. I took a minor, typical fall for me, and the boat came back and pulled me up to go to the end. I must have come close to releasing, or something...I got up, and headed to the end of the course, and did my normal routine of sort of "seating" my feet in. Well, my front shell released....time slowed down....I guess I thought I would just put my foot back in. I don't know exactly what happened after that, but there was a sudden stop of forward motion and a water explosion. Fortunately no one in the boat was even watching since I was just riding down the lake...embarrassing....but funny. Especially since I didn't hurt myself.

The positive for me was that the R-style rear was no issue. Came right out with no issue.

• Baller

That is kinda funny John. I missed a deep water start earlier this year when skiing with KLP! Talk about embarrassing, and I was at 38off! surgery good, at home and hittin the Percs! Thanks guys for the concern. Doc thinks it looks good, and the broken bone (4th metatarsal) is healling good and did not need screws. He did have to fuse the bones in the lisfranc joint in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd metatarsal, and I have 7 screws in my foot that stay in.

As far as binding, I have been thinking about going to Reflex for about a year, especially since been partners with KLP. But for my son Curtis who broke tibia and fibula on May 7, I owe him the chance to ski on something that will release. He was on HO Level boots and leg broke at the top of the boot. @ob what kind of injures have you seen with Reflex?

• Baller

@SkiKolb...Eric, I think that is the best choice.I personally like the White Cuff Reflex with the adjustable strap on the front boot.

Hope you recover soon and maybe get a chance to ski with you at the Ski Park..Skied with Anthony and drove the Carbon Pro for him and his Family when they were down here in Orlando...Really had a great time...I only live about ten minutes away from there.