Ho Co-efficient xsl - whats it good for ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Hi Guy,s & Gals, can anybody, give me an idea, of how far down the line a Ho Co-efficient should be able to go, before it is outside of it's comfort zone.

Horton did mention something in one of his post but I cannot find it.

Many Thanks

• Baller_

Thought I did...?

I rode both but quite some time apart. Still on the S2. Both are great skies but very different in shape so very different on the water. CoX is a ski you can push around in the turn if needed with amazing results and sometimes not so good. S2 does not like to be pushed around especially with the back leg. So trade off is that the S2 is more stable, sorta, but cant be pushed out of the turn. Not sure why (coulda been setup) but the CoX seemed to get wider. Almost eye popping wide. S2 gets wide but a different feel. CoX more traditional shape so can be a little squarely. S2 more wide body so stable. It's like comparing an S2 to a Strada. They are just different. They both have the step bottom but it all ends there in similarity.

• Baller
Matt Brown and I were talking about the CoXsl the other day. The HO skiers all tried it earlier in the year. According to him, he ran 4 1/2 at 39 1/2 off on the first set and Badal ran 39 on the first set. @Horton had a lot of good things to say about the one he had. You should ask him the story of what happened to his.

• Administrators

That ski rips. I lost mine in the single most embarrassing episode of my entire skiing career. I do not want to talk about it.

What I will say is the my one quote about that ski was.....

"I have no idea how that ski turns. When I am that wide and early it does not matter"

Oooo yea and it really does turn fine. It is one of the most under rated skis of all time and the price is really good.

• Baller
I love my standard layup one that I just got. One thing I notice about it also is that it seems solid and soft through the wakes. I just skied this morning behind my friend's Prostar 195 and at 15 off the wake is usually a real challenge for me behind that boat. Today it was not bad at all. Couldn't figure out what changed and then I realized it must be the ski.

• Baller_
As Horton siad, it's completely under rated here in the US. But according to my European friends, it's well liked across the pond with short line tournament skiers (the sl version). That's why he (friend) tested it here and bought it last year. I still question giving the one I demoed back to the pro-shop. Funny thing was, I'd return it after a 2 week test ride, and a week later ask if it was out on a demo. They'd say nope and I'd go snag it for a couple more weeks. Did this most of that summer. It was the most ridden ski I never owned.

@Comuterfisher,yes, I demoed a 2013 Coex xl, and found that is is a little harder to get up on than the triumph, but not a lot harder. The ho web sight for 2013 describes the triumph as being an oversized version of the co ex, which I think is accurate. We have owned 3 older triumphs, and now ski on 2 of the new gen triumphs. For me, the new triumph is as stable, dependable, and reliable as the day is long. Maybe the fin on the co ex was not set right for me or something. My plan, i guess is that when I am skiing pretty consistent 32 mph's, I will jump on my new s2. I hope that will work. We will see. That thread on the new am, (68.5 for me) is killing me. Here I go again.

• Baller

I really liked the new Triumph. I could feel the ski getting squirrely when I tried to stand up out of the ball position. Couldn't lean back quick enough before I went over the top. So getting close. I went from a big daddy this spring with an easy up handle to a Triumph 71" then bought a triumph 69" double boot attack bindings. My wife likes the Triumph also so I thought I would move up. So maybe moving up too quickly and changing from the easy up handle to a reg handle and also to a new ski is too much all at once.

I might try the CoXL with the easy up and a rear toe plate and throw the Triumph in the boat for back up.

Frustrating when I was getting up consistently on the Triumph.

• Baller
I thought the Co-Ex SL was the most fun that I ever had on a ski. I had big smooth school bus turns at 28. At 32 it started coming around like a A series. At 35 it smoked, early and wide. I ran through 4@38 first and only time. It was a friend's ski and he sold it to another friend. I may pick one up just to keep at the lake house. Highly Recommend !

• Baller_
The S2, IMHO, is hands down the best 22 28 and 32 off ski at 34mph on the planet. Super easy on the body. Seems as though I've had to do a crap load of different things/adjustments to it to make it an easy-ish 35 and a can do 38 off ski though.