The Only Thing Better Than Skiing

Brady

• Baller
Now that my kids are getting into this awesome and crazy sport, that means spending more time with them in the boat. I am getting used to driving with one hand and holding my baby with the other! Can't imagine it getting better than this!

• Baller

Our 4th child is now 8 months old, and she loves to help drive the boat while either my wife or I ski! All of our kids where in our lap when they were little, then in the observer's seat once they got big enough. We got our 3 year, 1 month old daughter up on the Skimmer a couple of weeks ago. Having the kids out with you brings a whole new dimension to the sport we love!

• Baller
@thager I would have to agree with @B_S NOTHING is better than kids... Oh wait, one thing is better than having kids....having them on the lake with you!!! NOTHING beats that. NOTHING!!!

• Baller_

2 feet fresh powder on a perfect slope at Snowbird.

196, glass with a great set.

34 DDs

O"Dells St. Lupulin in a frosty glass

Watching @Horton fall at -32

07 Monza

The world is full of lots of joy.

• Baller

@MS The skier I was pulling was my 10 year old on a knee board. Trust me, I use both hands and don't say a damn word when I am pulling a short-line skier. And, unlike when my wife is telling me about her day, thinking I am listening to her, I truly am zoned in when pulling through the course! :) Come to Utah and ski with me and I will show you! And, btw, I live literally 9 minutes from Snowbird, so that invite is good for the winter as well.

@thager Okay, I am biting, what is better than my 2 year old?

• Baller
Very nice @Brady! @Thager is talking the crazy talk of someone who doesn't still have little savages running around. But yes there is nothing better than having kids on the water, except maybe taking that fresh 2' of powder and being on a snowmobile.

• Baller
My kiddo is now helping with backing the boat off the trailer, driving it around to the doc, driving for trick skiers, and putting the boat on the trailer. He says he is not quite comfortable with the thought of driving slalom yet, but I think he'd do great. He is very aware of rope, skier, buoys, and shore line. He understands that at idle speeds he is steering the back of the boat from side to side. In some ways, he is better than some adult drivers. It's pretty cool to see him reach this level. Pretty soon we'll go to the lake, just the two of us, and he'll be my driver for all my sets. Perfect! Father & son ski partners.