difference between 2011, 2012, 2013 Strada

Fatroll

• Baller

Can some of you guys chime in on the difference between the model years of the radar strada. I ski at 34 mph and run my 28 off pass around a third of the time. I am looking at taking the next step. Currently on a 07 Sixam that has had a ton of use... and abuse.

thanks

well i have a 2012 strada and love it! Though i have heard it is not for everyone.

"NEW FOR 2013 IS THE ADDITION OF A TORSION ENABLING OFFSET CARBON TOP LAMINATE. BY OFFSET, WE MEAN THAT THE FIBER ORIENTATION HAS BEEN CHANGED TO GIVE THE SKI BETTER REBOUND AFTER TORSIONAL FLEX. IN RESEARCH, WE HAVE FOUND THIS TORSIONAL FLEXING ACTION OF THE SKI TO BE NECESSARY. IT’S NOT TO BE LIMITED, BUT TO BE CONTROLLED IN REBOUND BACK TO STATIC SHAPE. FINDING THE PERFECT BALANCE OF TORSIONAL STABILITY WHILE STILL ALLOWING THE SKI TO HAVE NECESSARY DYNAMIC ACTION AT THE FINISH OF THE TURN AND OFF THE SECOND WAKE HAS MADE OUR LEGENDARY SHAPE EVEN GREATER. SKI EARLIER IN THE COURSE AND FASTER OFF THE SECOND WAKE ON THE 2013 STRADA. OUR NEW TOP CONTOURS HAVE REDUCED UNNECESSARY WEIGHT IN THE TIP, BALANCING THE SKI, READY TO LEAD YOU INTO BATTLE."

thats what it says on the radar website, wish i could help more! But its definitely worth trying out if you can!

My wife ski's on a sixam 2.0 2009, and spent the first part of the summer on a 12 strada, and it is now for sale. she is at 34 mph and gets into 28 off and didn't run 15 off once with the strada.

@skijay mentioned the endo as a good switch for sixam users, which I still might look into, except it is for my wife and if it doesn't work I am the one who gets the blame.

I went from an A-1 to a strada and found my consistency is up, but my overall buoy count is down??

• Baller_

I skied on th sixam 1.0.1.1 and the 2point. have had three Strada's (10,12,13). The 13 orange to me feels so far better then the previous two. Now just need to get back on the water.

Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Hello boys, have a good night's rest, I missed you!

• Baller
I came off the original sixam a few skis back and I have had all the stradas. The 11 strada is the same as the 10 strada just a graphics change-skis great. The 12 strada they limited the torsional flex by laying the uni carbon on an angle. The ski felt crisp but it wasn't a big change from the 10-11 and some thought it put the skier on the back too much. Then for 13 they took out the limiting torsional flex and concentrated on the flex of the ski. By far the best strada was the 13. The flex is awesome and the ski pulls to the centerline easier than the older stradas. I ran my hardest pass my 3rd set of the season with the 13 and that was my first time on the course with the 13. I will have a 2013 66in strada for sale (cheap) in a few wks fyi.

• Baller
Price range is a factor as a brand new ski at retail is a little steep at this point. I figured with the vapor coming out the market may flood with stradas dropping the price. I am also considering D3 quest or fusion. I just need to ride some of these to try them out.