off topic, the passing of my father

6balls

• Baller
It's good to be together, the family as always has circled the wagons and are taking care of my Mom. Jim was the rock-star of support through all of this as Bud declined staying at the house the entire time. He basically carried my Dad to his final mass, carried him upstairs to bed the final time, and then carried him out when it was over. Bud's greatness wore off on a great son.

• Baller

My parents are getting to the age where I run a thousand things through my mind when the phone rings late at night. I too was tossed into the water as a guppie strapped to a pair of skis by my dad.

I feel your pain as I am dreading the day.

My heartfelt sympathies on your loss and my wishes for you to forever cherish and remember the days you had together. (Wiping eyes now).

• Baller
I lost my Dad several years ago. He had a prolonged 5 year battle with strokes that progressed to the point his death was a blessing. It is really hard thinking about going on in life without your Dad! Time is a healer and now years later the great thing is that when I reflect upon him all I remember are the great times and how lucky I was to have him. My sympathies for your loss and all of you that still have your dad give him a big ol' hug! (Seriously wiping eyes!)