Sking Mid-Loops -33 ,-36 off

jRoe

With a 97.67 score and not getting better as the summer moves on, I have tried slowing speed down several clicks (34.0) but still not making it thru the pass -38. so the other day I go -32,-33 .5,-35,-36, skied 3@38. The smaller jumps in line lengths makes it easier to step to the next level. I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to ski these lengths in a tournament. I take a old switch rope for the mid loop. My -36 was close to a -35... maybe i keep skiing the mid-loop and my -38 will get there. any thoughts?

Progression is based on improving technique required to run the pass. I don't think that skiing "mid-loops" is the answer to doing that, but if it makes you feel more comfortable and gives you more confidence then I can't imagine it hurts, but I would spend more time working on technique at 35 off and do fewer attempts at 38 off for a few weeks if it were me.

I've been a strong proponent of mid-loops for long time. It's a physical and psychological aid to take baby steps. I was driving for a friend yesterday who was struggling at -32. I said " I'm putting you back on -30 ". He ran the pass and went home feeling good about his skiing.