G1 Slalom at the Nats

The_MS

• Supporting Member

It truly is impressive for one state, much less a northern state, to exhibit such dominance in the entire Girls slalom field.

Go Minnesota!!

And please tell everybody else how to develop young slalom talent like that!

• Baller_

@chef23 we are getting updates from people there and following the USA twitter.

@Than The main reason is that they love to ski and cant wait to get on the water even when its cold.

Kennedy is also a great goalie in hockey.

• Baller_

10,000 lakes helps but I've always said that the short season in MN makes you ski and ski in just about any conditions. Way to few days of summer to skip any of them cause the weather is iffy or the wolly boat that may be out. Down here in FL, it can wait till better water. MN skiers are tough. Period.

@kcswerver What? Good job Kenna, bring the family down and ski when it gets to cold. We are doing one more tourney @ shulls. Maybe you & Cole can motivate Emma and Luke. I need a few pointers also after 9 straight missed openers:(. I need a magic carpet like th Nano one XT. I think the old horse is wore out, she will not respond to the whip. I did catch a few walleye last night...I see temps are going back to 90 next week.

• Baller

two of those girls on the slalom podium - mary nelson and annemarie wrobleski - are ohio skiers.

annemarie is the daughter of fellow baller jason wrobleski.

my daughter qualified for G1 nationals, but a bit too late for us to make the trip to regionals.

we will be there next year for sure when the MW regionals moves back to Wilmington, IL.

• Baller

If you look closely at at Mary's ski (on right), you'll notice that she has the very prestigious gold fin firkin (fin protector) which can only be had by winning one of the tour stops at the buckeye buoy tour.

Fin Firkin's are one of the best fin protectors on the market and are made and sold by Bruce Baker - a longtime promo driver out of Cincinnati and all-around good guy.

Last year BOS was a sponsor of the BBT and we gave out Baller hats to podium finishers - they were a pretty hot item.

Check out Fin Firkin at www.finfirkin.us

Check out the Buckeye Buoy Tour at www.skiowsa.com