how do you turn the ski?

kmenard

• Baller

I know there are about a thousand things wrong with this...but I went out for a free ski the other morning about a week after hurting my forward leg kind of bad. Somethings are more pronounced on the run, but I am noticing that even though I thought I was doing better, I am still steering the ski by digging in the back.

Any advice here?

• Baller
next time you go skiing try standing flat on the ski maybe 10 feet out side the left wake and find a balanced position with both feet weighted as equally as you can. soften your knees while staying balanced front to back and then gently twist your hips back and forth from left to right to left to right without changing any other thing about your stance. the ski should take a slight left turn as you twist hips right and a slight right turn as you twist hips left. once you get the hang of it you can twist more and more dynamically and see how quick the ski reacts to your hip movement and how easily you can stay balanced between your feet. this is how you want to turn your ski. to turn left you twist hips right and to turn right you twist hips left.

• Baller

Turning becomes much easier as you get better crossing from side to side. Everyone likes a big turn, but I would encourage you to focus on your body position crossing the wake first. That will set up your turn. Open your shoulders to the boat, drop the handle to your waist and get your hips up (rather than being in a sitting position). @ShaneH's advice of trying to straighten your rear leg would be good to think about.

Glad you're back skiing after being hurt!