What's neXT? I'll tell you...

tbrenchley

This is my first review of a ski on here since I haven't changed skis since I got on my 9900 mid-ride a few years back. So let me tell you where I'm coming from first: I have skied on the 9900 since it first came out a few years back, but I have "experimented" with every Goode ski since. It's also important that I make it clear that I ski at 36mph so 34mph skiers can take it for what it's worth. Ok here goes:

The XT is the BEST ski I've ever skied on! I've only had 3 sets on it but I'm convinced it is a great ski. I tried the Twist and didn't like how I had to be cautious on my off side turn because of the twist but I didn't spend a lot of time on it so it could have just needed some adjusting but it wasn't anything better than the 9900 mid-ride I was on. End of last year I tried the Nano One a number of times and it was a step backwards for me at 36mph. Sure it could shut down in the turn, but I could never get the speed I needed to make that really work to my favor at 38 off or shorter.

Now let's get back to the new ski, this ski is FAST...I can't say it's faster than the 9900, well yes I can I take that back. It has all the speed of the 9900 and every ounce of shut down that the Nano One has. At factory settings it would dive a little (I assume because of the rocker) but after a 1/8" bump forward with the bindings it made turns like a champ. It's effortless on my off-side turn and nothing but fun to crank on my good side. It finishes the turn nicely and will create as much angle as you're able to hold onto. I turned 4 ball at 38 a little hard because I was early and wanted to see what I could get away with and got lean locked into 5 ball. On my old ski I'm fairly confident I wasn't making that turn but the ski hit the brakes, I waited for it to come under me and we were off to 6 early and feeling a little relieved and a whole lot of giddy. One last thing, I had to make my edge change earlier than before because the amount of speed I could create would get me too wide too soon in the course which is really only a problem at 38 off and shorter probably.

So I took 2 sets at factory settings, made a slight binding adjustment and on the 3rd set was one buoy off my practice pb and I'm just starting to get used to it. Bottom line this ski is as fast as any ski I've been on, lack of width is not an issue, the edge change is smooth and the XT shuts down in the turn better than the Nano One. Well done Dave...can't wait for my neXT time on it!

My 2 cents

@tbrenchley felt (I was driving) very good on that ski. I'm confident it's going to get him consistently through 38 and deeper into 39. We have a tournament tomorrow so who knows maybe the 5th set on it will be a tournament pb. Tylor you do know that after the tournament I'm probably going to make you rip those bindings off so I can give it a rip.