Video Analysis (Any help is appreciated)

danspence

I have been meaning to do this for a while now but just never got round to it. Wondering if you guys could give me some advice on my video. I keep feeling like i am getting held up at 2,4 and therefore not getting enough ankle that I want. I know that i need to get my hips forward pretty much everywhere. The video is me running 2 back to back 22s and then 1 28 off. I normally get deep down 32 off if not run it but feel that I need to change a few things in my earlier passes to make my 32 and 35s come more easily.

Any advise on how to improve anything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUwiJAuoO3E

• Baller
There’s a lot of info on this forum about how to get your hips up or stacked as it is often referred to here. I think you should start there to solve your 2,4,6 problems. It’s really hard to get positive results with the off side when the hips are over the back foot.

@BG1 Yeah I have been having a problem with it for a while and I don't want to get stuck into bad habbits. Think I need to fix the entrance into the bout and get my hips up then before the bouy.

@gregy yeah the more I watch my self the more I see I am hunched over which will be an issue, more reading and trying is required I think.

Cheers guys.

• Baller

Currently, you are dropping your shoulders inward on 2-4-6 turns as a way to finish the turns. The result of that action is that your butt gets behind your shoulders and you end up not as stacked as you should be out of 2-4-6.

The issue into 2-4-6 starts as you edge change. You have to think about your hips moving forward over your front foot during the edge change. When this happens you will feel and be "taller" on your ski while it is coming into the buoy. Then, as you approach and round the buoy, you want to keep your head and shoulders upright. To do this, you can either think, keep them level or keep head up or look down at the next even buoy while turning the current one. Finally, you want to let your outside hip move around and under the handle before your outside hand grabs the handle and you start to load the rope.