CC SN 206 Fixer Upper OH

vtjc

• Baller

CC SN 206 Fixer Upper

http://www.crashedtoys.com/Gallery.aspx?InventoryID=1153590

http://www.crashedtoys.com/Inventory.aspx?InventoryID=1153590&secid=1&trc=1&vt=&st=&fa=&ad=&ati=&pd=&sc=&mk=184&mdl=&yf=&yt=&mz=&z=&pg=1&tpg=&rcppg=20&vtg=&fts=&so=5&bn=0&d=2b4ed460723b4ab99ed23fe3987ff141#b96b20cc7eba4a76b0bbc83d0c45f7a5

I think this boat still has some life in it, but obviously would need fiberglass work, windshield, engine cover. The extent of bow damage, engine, trans and electrical looks like the biggest unknowns. It's encouraging they cared enough to cover the motor. I wonder what happened to damage the boat.

• Baller_
When I read that listing, it says the engine and boat cover are both missing. I think the photos were taken before the insurance company removed the engine and sold that off. Sounds like any buyer would be supplying an engine.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
PCM transmissions run $1750 new. It's cheaper to just replace than rebuild in most instances. Although, most likely you can drain the trans fluid and refill and it'd be fine. That's a limited so you'll no doubt be replacing the gateway box. The 07 gateway box that you'd use for Zero Off is right at $900. Gauges will run close to $1000 new. Breaker box is $530. Keypads are $375. Depending on the length of time it was under water, you may be replacing the entire wiring harness and engine harness. Windshield will be a big ticket item unless you can find a used one. We replaced one on a 196 a few years back. New, it was $3k. It starts adding up. Even used prices will have you spending a ton.

• Baller
Yes and no on rebuilding the engine. Maybe not difficult, but if it has been sitting with water in it then expensive. Overbore, new pistons, lifters, every bearing in the motor, maybe new cam and crank regrind depending on how much stuff has dried out - and every electronic piece in the boat.

• Baller_
In the front. That's a cracked top section all the way through. That boat had to take a massive hit to the front end. Or it was lifted by it's I rings for removal/relocate incorrectly and snapped it. (lifted from a center point). I've see that happen. Wrecker crew not knowing how to lift it. Either way, that's a big cost to repair. Another cost to add.