Radar senate c or 66 34 mph ski

foxriverat

• Baller
Been looking to upgrade my old 66 kd 7000 which when I bought years ago had no idea what I was doing and it probably was too much of a ski for me. Took about 8 years off skiing and got back into it this year. Picked up a 96 supra ts6m comp ho gt40. I am 53 5.7 165 athletic build. Skiing at 15 off now 34 mph cant get through the course yet. but getting close. Plan on getting some lessons in spring before our season starts next year. So I have been researching 34mph skis and watching skiitagain Ebay to find a good deal. I hear a lot of good things about the senate c. But being inbetween sizes I don't know if I should go with a 65 or 67 or if I want to. Or find a 34 mph ski in a 66. I saw a 2011new 66 syndicate s1 on ebay for $399 cant find too many owner reviews on the ski. Anyone have an opinion. Also what would be the pros and cons of skiing on the 65 or 67 at my size?

• Baller
I'm on a 65" Strada 55, which is a prototype Senate C. I'm about your size. The difference between the prototype and the production is the core. The prototype has the same pvc core as the Strada. It is a great ski. I have an extra one that I have never used listed on ski-iti-again. Negotiable.

• Baller
if you are considering a Senate C, then you really should consider this. If you are into graphics, then don't waste your time, since it is a prototype, Radar used old graphics. However, if you ski on the Fox we are in the same area.

• Baller
Thanks Mark. Did find many reviews on the s2 that were good. Not many on the s1. That's why I asked. Through all of my research. Which I do a lot of before I ask a question. The consensus on a 34 mph ski seems to be the senate c. The only thing concerning me is the size issue. Seems every maker of 34 mph skis that only come in 65 67 and 69 recommend a 67 for me on there sizing charts. 5.7 165 lbs 34 mph. I have been told the 67 is too long for me. My original question asked at my level what are the pros and cons of 65 67 senate c or 66 34 mph ski. To help me progress and or grow into. Money is also a big factor for me. As I don't have a lot of extra pennies to spend. That is why I am looking at the end of the year where I am finding some great deals. Just need help deciding on size. I just found a 2013 new 65 senate c badly blemished for $299 shipped. If I knew for sure the 65 was right for me. I would buy it right now. Thanks for any advice you can give.

• Baller

@foxriverat it depends a little what you're working on, but I personally don't think 67" is too long for you. At -35 off maybe. At -15off I think the issues are usually about getting enough pull/leverage, not about getting a tight-enough turn, so in my mind, long is better than erring on the short side at this stage. Moreover, as you start progressing into shortline, it's often good to drop the boat speed to 32mph to practice a new length, so again, longer is better than too short.

For what it's worth - and I think I mentioned this on your other thread last month - but I'm about 10+ lbs heavier than you, was on a 66" KD7000, was on the edge of buying a Senate C, then grabbed a 66.5" S2. It wasn't love-at-first-ski, but within 3-5 sets we started to get along, it's done well by me, I'm up 6.5 balls on my PB this season.

• Baller
Well I wanted the c but ended up with a regular 67 senate. Couldn't pass up the deal. And should be fine for the level Im at. New 2013 double vector bindings $375 shipped. The radar web sites not running. Want to check the skis stock settings when it comes in this week. Do these sound right. 29.25 0.86 6.845 2.49 8 head