Struggling with -35. Finally got video. Help please.

RLW

• Baller

I am wondering if some ballers out there can give me some pointers to make my -35 consistent and maybe let me start thinking about -38. It's near the end of the season for me now, but maybe I can squeeze in a few more sets and get some pointers for the spring. I think I need to advance the ski more after coming around the ball, but I am having trouble doing that. Any help would be appreciated.

• Baller
You've recognized the spot that you can improve to start getting down 38. You'll need to get up on the boat a bit further to get and keep that ski out front. You're running out of speed at the apex, and you have to "catch yourself" before you start to pull to the other side. Ride the rope a bit longer accentuating the hips to handle. Good skiing!

• Baller

@GOODESkier. Appreciate the comments. I've only run 35 a handful of times in practice and my best is 3 in a tournament. I haven't attempted -38 yet.

@Chef23. Thanks Mark. Shoulder is much better - I was lucky it wasn't worse and I only had to stop slalom for a month.

• Baller
@liquid d. Thanks! I think you are right about running out of speed at the apex. That makes sense. I wonder if decreasing my wing angle by 1 degree would help. I hate to blame the ski instead of the skier because I know it's more me.

• Baller

@RLW watching the video I am surprised you haven't gotten deeper in a tournament. I have only run it once in practice and not off the dock and it didn't feel nearly as smooth as yours looked. Our season is winding down and I am feeling like I might not get another one this year.

A couple of thoughts from Jack Travers that helped me run my first were turn in a little later at my gates and load the rope a little sooner going to 1. In my efforts to not get gassed by ZO I wasn't really loading until I hit the first wake and I was still accelerating after the second wake. Making those changes made my 1 ball feel much better and makes me feel like I can run 35 more than I have.