Dear 39 off: Please stop laughing at me. You are hurting my feelings.

Than_Bogan

• Baller
Guys, wrong attitude. Gotta get to know 39 better, realize she is fickle.dont let her know you're scared, but don't disrespect her either.say Hi more often. Work with her strengths instead of fighting.she likes brains, not brawn. She pulls you through if you just let her.

• Baller
There is something to this whole "don't disrespect the rope length" thing. True story, I was running a really smooth 32 when the 5 ball monster creeped up and I came up short on 6 ball...So I did the obvious thing and just as I was turning around to flip 6-ball the bird, I catch some crazy edge and took a ridiculous fall with my finger still in the air.The guys in the boat laughed their a$$es off at me on that one

• Baller_
Distract her. Maybe even give her something to think/fret about. Like "Hey, who's that over there? Looks like Nate Smith". Then, just blaze through it like he would. She'll be too rattled or starstruck to fight you.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@wish, should work with The Girl Wearing Purple as well.watch your language, though, they can see right through you. Remember, you can't trick them. You must genually befriend them. They are twins, 39 is just a bit more high maintenance.

• Baller

For me 39 is the most different from the proceeding pass. 28 and 32 are the same just a little more critical, 35 is a big jump from 32 and requires more angle and intensity, 38 feel like 35 but with much less margin for error. I have been running 50% of my 38s, but 39 feels miles away. If I get a good one, I always pull just a hair too long for two and lose it. When I can get at least a turn at 2, I can barely get to 3.

My challenge seems to force myself to just get the ski past the buoy vice trying to be early, but the margin of error for me is almost zero. I know I need to change my setup, and width but can't to find the formula. If it was easy everyone would be doing it!