The end of the season is

Horton

• Baller

This has been the worst summer for skiing that I can remember - too much wind and from the wrong direction... Skiing once every ten days doesn't cut it.

And Then - The entire State of New Jersey moved here because Hurricane Sandy wrecked their beaches. So they came here and littered our roads with REALLY BAD drivers....

• Baller
Usually its a welcome rest. I'm like @Texas6, if the season never ended I'd never heal up. This season it's depressing - was really starting to get comfortable with 35's, getting 3 and 4 consistently, felt close to running it for the first time. Labor Day weekend I somehow buggered up my GOOD knee (the one I don't already wear a brace on...), lost 4 weeks of the best part of the season. Just now getting back on the water but the rust definitely set in. Be happy to run decent 32's again before the weather craps out on us. Bummer.

• Baller
A welcome rest. Two kids in high school, with honors classes and both playing sports 6 days a week. Working 50 to 60 hours a week, enjoying a few autumn bicycle rides and time to start prepping the home for winter. Then the first week of December basketball season starts - my son's senior season and I ref' 3 to 5 games a week. Then we hit early spring when softball and track begin. By the end of June the start of skiing season serves as a rest from the past 9 months. Hmm' starts as a rest and ends as a rest...

Usually I find the end of the season a welcomed rest. However this summer was a complete workaholic nightmare. New job, new city, no skiing. Its October and I'm just now getting my ski out of the bag and trying to get back to running buoys. I will say however that by the middle of 2012 I was BURNT OUT. Skiing 6-10 sets a week I literally lost the joy in it. But now having taking considerable time away from the water - I'm recharged with a newfound sense of desire to run more buoys and enjoy the lake again!

My October future holds some time in Orlando as well as a new ski purchase, and if I find the right one maybe even a new boat!