Made my 33 MPH 15' Off

MayhamModz

I am new to skiing and this is my first year skiing slalom! At the beginning of this year I started at 21 MPH Long line (75') and now at the end of the year I got 4 buoys at 34 MPH 15' Off! I just wanted to post this to get feedback on this video of 33 MPH 15' Off. I know I need for lean going from the 1st wake to the 2nd wake, and I need to bend my knees and ankles around the turn more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HsRV3E1MRU

30 MPH 15' Off (End of year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sDfW5zDdSw&feature=youtu.be

• Baller

@MayhamModz - I hate you. Well, maybe more bitter-with-envy. It probably took me 5 years to accomplish what you did this summer. Congratulations.

As for advice, you're doing great. There are a million finer points (for all of us), but if I limited it to ONE thing, it would be: as you finish your turn and approach the wake, try to straighten your back leg - it will help your hips come forward in a balanced-and-strong way... what we call "stacked". Hold it through the wake.

Great job.

**didn't mean to say 'as you.finish your turn' - you don't want to push the turn with your back foot; meant 'after you've completed your turn'.**

• Baller
Looks awesome, congrats! That's a short time frame to get that far in the course!! You are clearly an athlete. I saw a lot I liked, and some things you can work on that will really help. You got a bit of slack at one because you ski'd toward the ball a bit; that came as a result of your gate. You pulled out nice and wide and then you got sucked back in a bit and then turned your ski. Think about trying to take a bit more aggressive angle towards one and that slack will disappear. Pull out nice and wide, stay out there, and then get up on that front foot a bit in your glide and it will help you turn the ski a bit better to generate a bit more angle. The slack you got at one had a lot to do with the slack you got at 2/4/6 because you had to pull a bit longer to get to those buoys. Really try and keep that ski on edge through the wakes behind the boat and you'll be stroking that pass in no time. Really great skiing

• Baller
@/MayhamModz: that's great. Nothing majorly wrong. Keep it up. Stay on edge through both wakes, esp from right to left, so you don't have add a little to keep width. That(adding a little btwn 2 nd wake and buoy) causes speed and slack. Pretty damn fun, huh?

@mayhamModz, nice skiing! 33 mph through the course is a well earned accomplishment. I got a 30 mph yesterday, after a bad rib bruise fall about 4 weeks ago. It's good to get you're confidence back. I have learned that you're progression rate sometimes slips down a bit, but you can build it back up by skiing, and working at it.