Skiing with an O'Brien Vision GT and time for a new Ski

JJVDMZN

I'm currently using an O'Brien Vision GT 68' and I'm looking at buying a new ski.

Here in South Africa we don't get all the different ski's like in USA, so I'm restricted to mainly Connelly as they have good after-sale service.

I'm 46 years, 172lb and mainly use it for open water skiing.

What do you recommend as an upgrade/replacement for the Vision GT?

Thanks gregy, I was looking at the Connelly V, with sidewinder Front and Rear bindings, but noticed that it is wider than the GT. What effect will the wider ski have?

My wife's ski is an O'Brien G2 Weapon and she tried the Connelly V (sidewinder + RTP), she says the V does not want to turn as easily as the G2 (it feels as if the ski wants to counter her turn), maybe an adjustment to the fin will make it more responsive, any suggestions. At this moment she is the guinea pig........

• Baller

The v sounds like it would be a good ski for your level. The wider ski just helps at the slower speeds. I think what your wife experienced was the same problem when i first moved to a higher end ski from the basic stuff. With the better skis, they like to track reasonably straight unless you really have a go and try and ski as well as you possibly can. Then the ski will feel a lot more natural