Performance comparison of the 3 versions of the Radar Vapor

Zman

• Baller

@Horton Would be awesome if you could run up the line on all three, then bang out a few 35's on each and share what you find is different in terms of performance, feel, etc.

Maybe throw in the Senate as well?

• Administrators

I do not think there are many of the non-Lithiums out yet.

I assume that as you move down to the lower versions you will get more forgiving carry out and smoother edge change but less speed off the ball.

The Lithium makes so much space it would be interesting to ride the Graphite.

What is the third one called?

• Baller
@Horton from what I understand about the lower versions, is that they aren't going to be as reactive (Fiberglass/ Polyurthane vs. Carbon and cut PVC), will have more swing weight out of the buoy, more forgiving in rough conditions, not as sensitive to fin adjustments, and not as much speed out of the buoy.

• Baller
Strada, Vice C, Vice all have same shape. Strada has all carbon fiber with PVC core (LIGHT!!), Vice C is all carbon with polyurethane core (light material on outside, heavy core), Vice- 50% fiberglass 50% carbon fiber polyurethane core (getting kinda heavy). Senete and Senete C have the same shape as strada, only .2 of an inch wider resulting in a better ski for slower speeds. Senete C has all carbon (I believe with a polyurethane core) Senete is 50% fiberglass 50% carbon and polyurethane core.

Would be an interesting comparison....same mold, different core materials. I ski on a Prophecy (2102), and tried a 2013 the other day. I believe that the core is the main change in the two. The 12' being polyurethane and the 13' PVC. My first impression was that the 13' was stiffer/faster through the wakes and out to the buoy line, but much less forgiving when on the turning edge. Liking the 12' for now.

• Baller
@Horton I highly doubt they are roughly the same flex,unless you consider a variance of up to 30lbs (@41") slight...after a summer with using teammalibu's awesome built flex tester if you get 10 skis all the same kind their flexes vary, I hardly found 2 that were relevantly close (5lb) in 10...

• Baller
I can attest to unique flex in "identical" flex. I was an alpine racer in a previous life, and all of the pairs in the race room stock were flex matched. Then you would try several matched pairs to get the exact feel you wanted. Temp also varied the flex. We also skied different edges based on the course. I'm rambling now...